Notices

Re-mapping a 2004 STI? Better than PPP?

Search this Thread

Old 24 March 2006, 01:35 PM
Steven_RW
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re-mapping a 2004 STI? Better than PPP?

Hi guys,

I am looking to buy a 2004 sti impreza. If I had an exhaust on it what sort of power could it be maped to by Andy F? And what would the next limiting factor be?
I ask because I see several cars I like that are NOT PPP and thus I would want to up the bhp. If its easy to get more BHP than a PPP then I would stop looking for a PPP car and just get my standard one re-maped even further up the BHP scale.
What are your guys thoughts? Is the PPP a better place to start from or not worth the effort?
Many thanks
Steven RW
Old 24 March 2006, 01:48 PM
jd5217
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the PPP is good if you want to retain your warranty, if you are not bothered go for a remap.
Old 24 March 2006, 01:56 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Steven_RW
Hi guys,

I am looking to buy a 2004 sti impreza. If I had an exhaust on it what sort of power could it be maped to by Andy F? And what would the next limiting factor be?
I ask because I see several cars I like that are NOT PPP and thus I would want to up the bhp. If its easy to get more BHP than a PPP then I would stop looking for a PPP car and just get my standard one re-maped even further up the BHP scale.
What are your guys thoughts? Is the PPP a better place to start from or not worth the effort?
Many thanks
Steven RW
PPP only choice if you value the warranty.

If that's not important then you could get the PPP parts and go to someone like Andy F and get a PPP cheaper. The latter would probably produce better figures as it wil be a custom map, not a generic one.

With a hi-flow exhaust, and uprated fuel pump - required on the Sti IIRC -and a custom remap, you sould be comfortably over 300 (some PPP's don't reach this figure). To get significantly higher than that, you'd ned to start looking at the Turbo, injectors etc.. irrespective of which route you take.

Ns04
Old 24 March 2006, 02:54 PM
jd5217
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

depends on how far you want to go.
Old 24 March 2006, 03:58 PM
Steven_RW
Scooby Newbie

What is the basic levels of power you see with this type of car? Std - 305 ish? then what?

Cheers!

Steven RW
Old 26 March 2006, 05:10 PM
T-uk
Scooby Regular

Steven RW , who used to eat scoobs round knockhill in a RS turbo???

if you are after a UK car , I would try and go for a MY2005 with DCCD-A , larger wheel bearings and wheel base changes over the 2004.

I would also look at JDM's as I think the gearbox is better and engines come with twin scroll turbo.might be worth seeing what these guys have.

http://www.dicksonsmotorgroup.co.uk/sales.asp