Notices

Mounting Oil Pressure Sender

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2006, 09:31 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Mounting Oil Pressure Sender

Ive recently installed my pressure gauge sender, at the moment it is temporarily tie wrapped to the alternator bracket. I thought this might affect readings being so close to the front of the engine bay, but its giving good readings.

The braided hose it is attached to isnt very long, it was already on the car from a previous gauge install by the previous owner, and due to the lack of room around the alternator on the left because of the T-Piece it has to go on the near side of the engine bay.

My Dad suggested fabricating a bracket and mounting it infront of the timing belt cover, im thinking this might be awkward come service time.

So where have people mounted theirs? Pics would be good!

Pic of my mock install :

Old 20 March 2006, 11:14 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by 16vmarc
Ive recently installed my pressure gauge sender, at the moment it is temporarily tie wrapped to the alternator bracket. I thought this might affect readings being so close to the front of the engine bay, but its giving good readings.

The braided hose it is attached to isnt very long, it was already on the car from a previous gauge install by the previous owner, and due to the lack of room around the alternator on the left because of the T-Piece it has to go on the near side of the engine bay.

My Dad suggested fabricating a bracket and mounting it infront of the timing belt cover, im thinking this might be awkward come service time.

So where have people mounted theirs? Pics would be good!

Pic of my mock install :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...c/tempsend.jpg
There are numerous bung plugs around the block which can be used for sensors. I have a SPA dual gauge, the pressure is in a plug above no 3 cylinder and the temp is on a boss between the filter and block. The sensors from spa are much smaller than the one in your piccy.