Notices

fitting kit for the walbro

Search this Thread

Old 07 March 2006, 07:01 AM
dabow
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up fitting kit for the walbro

does any one now anywhere that surplys these kits for the walbro 255 pumps.ive brought a pump but it never came with the fitting kit. ive a 95uk, some one did say there about £10. but i carnt seem to be able to find the company. the pump is a gss341. is there anywhere too but just the kit.
Old 07 March 2006, 07:17 AM
RB5_245
Scooby Regular

iirc the walbro pumps are a direct replacement, other than the electrical connector block which needs removed and the wires crimped.

If yours doesn't fit straight on you've got the wrong pump

Dave
Old 07 March 2006, 07:23 AM
dabow
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RB5_245
iirc the walbro pumps are a direct replacement, other than the electrical connector block which needs removed and the wires crimped.

If yours doesn't fit straight on you've got the wrong pump

Dave
ive checked the sit for these pumps, its the right one. but the standard one has a different conection, theres a plastic fitting clip for the bottom of it. the filter is smaller. and the hose is a little narrower. side by side, the two pumps are completely different. but ive been told this pump is the right one

so im after a place which do these kits. any ideas
Old 07 March 2006, 07:29 AM
dabow
Scooby Regular

Wink

i would mostly need the electical conection, & the plastic round bit for the bottom of it. the hose i can sort out. and posably the filter to. but still would be best to get the whole kit new. is there any one on here who nows/sells them.
Old 07 March 2006, 08:17 AM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

by a pukka UK kit and you get all you need in the box...................no difference in cost either!!
we normally re-use the O.E. filters rather than the smaller Walbro type one........

alyn
Old 07 March 2006, 04:12 PM
dabow
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by stockcar
by a pukka UK kit and you get all you need in the box...................no difference in cost either!!
we normally re-use the O.E. filters rather than the smaller Walbro type one........

alyn
this is what im after. this kit. the pump ive got, it should of had this kit with it. but it diden't. but if you can point to where i can get one from, that would be great.
Old 07 March 2006, 05:52 PM
dabow
Scooby Regular

, ive just managed to get hold of one of these kits, it cost me £17.50 inc postage. some one imports the pumps and sold me a kit.

so you can get them, thanks for ya help guys....
Old 07 March 2006, 09:46 PM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

could probs have sorted a fitting kit for a lot less than that..........will probs have some bits in the w/shop from previous jobs
what i was getting at was that the proper UK supplied/warranted kits have everything you need anyhows, and work out cheaper/easier in the long run..........

alyn
Old 08 March 2006, 07:12 AM
dabow
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by stockcar
could probs have sorted a fitting kit for a lot less than that..........will probs have some bits in the w/shop from previous jobs
what i was getting at was that the proper UK supplied/warranted kits have everything you need anyhows, and work out cheaper/easier in the long run..........

alyn
thats ok matty, i tryed to get the kit quick becouse i damaged the one i took of the car. i just wanted to replace it asap, after buying the pump to find that it needed a kit. , i asked on here about why it was different but was told its a strait fit. thats how i damaged the original one. so, dont worry, i did now what you were on about, just needed the kit asap.