Notices

FSE Power boost Valve

Search this Thread

Old 26 February 2006, 09:12 PM
JCScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FSE Power boost Valve

Is it actually worth while fitting one of these and how straight forward is it?

So many people seem to use them yet at the same time alot of folk say they do nothing at all. Is it the kind of thing u would fit along with a Re-map to get best results?

Thanks
Old 26 February 2006, 09:54 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fitted a FSE to mine the car seems to pick up better. The only problem I had was deciding where to mount it, as I had a induction kit I initially located it next to the ABS module using one of the airbox mounting holes. To aid diagnosis of a starting proble ,was there with OE regulator, I have fitted a fuel pressure gauge. This meant re-locating it to up by the fuel filter utilising a bolt that holds the metal pipe from the brake servo to the manifold. BEFORE ACTUALLY FITTING TRY TO GET A COUPLE OF REPLACEMENT O RINGS FOR THE ADAPTOR THAT REPLACES THE STD REGULATOR. I say this because I damaged the o-ring when fitting and did not notice till I was travelling down the motorway with a strong smell of petrol, fortunatly had a spare o-ring and replaced in a services. The vaccum pipe that comes witht the kit is not long enough for this location so you would need to find some to fit the bore is 3.5mm. I also got some 90 degree 8mm unions to replace the straight unions supplied to reduce the amount of excess black piping round the engine bay.
Will be having the car re-mapped in April as I will be getting a 3 port boost solenoid fitted hence the re-map. So it will be interesting to see what bhp it then gives

Last edited by 360ste; 26 February 2006 at 09:58 PM.