Remap advice....

Search this Thread

Old 22 January 2006, 08:21 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Remap advice....

Guy's, i currently have a MY00 with....

TDO5 16g turbo, full decat, my01 intercooler, ported headers, H&S up-pipe, K&N induction kit Walbro 255 fuel pump, Samco boost pipes....
(edited to add, i've also done the breathers into a catch can aswell)...

together with a Tek 3 map, but, due to the map not being specific to my car, i'm gonna get it tweaked, but seeing as it's gonna be mapped, has anyone got any sensible options as to anything else that might be worth fitting before the map gets done.....well be done on Optimax..

I have a 3 port if the mappers wants to fit it....
Don't want headers....

My thoughts have been leaning towards maybe a smaco inlet pipe, but i've heard about tirque losses low down, and i don't like the sound of that, so just asking out loud for ideas really....

Cheers.

Last edited by RON; 22 January 2006 at 08:52 PM.
Old 22 January 2006, 08:30 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Might be worth ditching the OE fuel pressure reg RON and get something like an SX other than that i think youve pretty much got it covered
Old 22 January 2006, 08:34 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Mmmm, yeh, thought about that, but for the level of power expected i've been adviced that it's not necessary..... although i have pondered the parralel fuel mod.....
Old 22 January 2006, 08:53 PM
RoRu
Scooby Regular

What size injectors do you have? if you have 380's it maybe worth going up to 440/550's the 16g will easily max out small injectors.

I'm currently running a nats under 400bhp on the std fuel reg and have been for just over a year.

Been looking into parallel fuel rails and haven't found any conclusive evidence to prove it really is worth the effort so I'm going to give it a miss.
Old 22 January 2006, 08:58 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

MY00 so therefore 440's.......
Old 22 January 2006, 09:03 PM
RoRu
Scooby Regular

Looks like you have all the essential mods covered.

Who is doing the mapping Bob R?
Old 22 January 2006, 09:06 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

I would have liked to get Bob to do it due to all the good reports, BUT i'm not keen on doing it on the road, so have been in touch with Powerstation about doing it on their rollers.....
Old 22 January 2006, 09:11 PM
RoRu
Scooby Regular

I'm not knocking Powerstation or the rolling road method but you really cannot replicate road conditions in a dyno cell imho, having had Bob map my car 3 times now i really do recommend him and he will give you good advice as what other mods maybe worth doing.
Old 22 January 2006, 09:17 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Mmmm, i might chuck him an email and ask for a price and see how busy he is, although i think i know the answer to that one already.....

Not too keen on 'having' to keep my foot in for prolonged periods to be honest, i don't need to lose my license getting the car right, to then not be able to drive it.... i drive it precious little enough as it is.....
Old 22 January 2006, 09:27 PM
WRX_Rich
Scooby Regular

Im sure he could get Branko to drive the car if you want
Old 22 January 2006, 09:40 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

the only noticeable difference i noticed on what you have, is when i fitted an inlet pipe and an APS CAK , plus i didnt see any mention of an AVCR which made a huge difference to mine but you have already seen a good lbs figure from yours im sure only the inlet and cold air can make the difference

opps just noticed you aint got an uprated fuel pressure regulator, that might be pretty crucial on your level of mods ????

Last edited by stevebt; 22 January 2006 at 09:44 PM.
Old 22 January 2006, 09:42 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RON
I would have liked to get Bob to do it due to all the good reports, BUT i'm not keen on doing it on the road, so have been in touch with Powerstation about doing it on their rollers.....
WRC tech are getting some cracking results if it wasnt for me favouring andyf i would be seeing them
Old 22 January 2006, 09:47 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Cheers Steve, seeing as the APS cak seems to be a bit like rocking horse poo these days, i made this...

So i won't be going down that route..... also i don't want any 'gadgets' in the cabin so won't be going down the avcr route either, i pretty much think i'm there really, i also didn't want it to look too 'non standard' under the bonnet, so for now it looks like this...

Powerstation have quoted £95 per hr, plus vat... they reckon 2 hrs or so.....
Old 22 January 2006, 10:11 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RoRu
I'm not knocking Powerstation or the rolling road method but you really cannot replicate road conditions in a dyno cell imho, having had Bob map my car 3 times now i really do recommend him and he will give you good advice as what other mods maybe worth doing.
I agree, road conditions cannot be replicated on the rolling road. Speaking from experience doing it on the road covers everything
Old 22 January 2006, 10:50 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Cheers Steve, seeing as the APS cak seems to be a bit like rocking horse poo these days
i have 2 sitting in my garage now but they are both spoken for but i do have a lovely MRT inlet pipe for yours which does increase accell on a map quite nicely
Old 22 January 2006, 10:50 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Plugs? NGK PFR7B
Old 22 January 2006, 11:01 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jay m A
Plugs? NGK PFR7B
Forgot plugs... yeh i already have them, but will be replacing them before the mappin, i guess they're about 2 1/2 yrs old ish......

Steve.. I think i'm happy with the inlet as it is........ thanks anyway/....
Old 23 January 2006, 12:25 PM
rossi_classicwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RON
Cheers Steve, seeing as the APS cak seems to be a bit like rocking horse poo these days, i made this...

So i won't be going down that route..... also i don't want any 'gadgets' in the cabin so won't be going down the avcr route either, i pretty much think i'm there really, i also didn't want it to look too 'non standard' under the bonnet, so for now it looks like this...

Powerstation have quoted £95 per hr, plus vat... they reckon 2 hrs or so.....
In my opinion i wouldn't let powerstation play with it mate.. I'd get someone like bob r or andy forrest.. that way you'll get the best.. I took mine to powerstation.. they wired in my turbo timer for me at a cost of £58 (it didin't work (the unit is fine and brand new.. took it to an electrical engineer who laughed at what they'd done and put it right for another 50!!... I also made the worst decision i've made on my car and got them to set it up... a week and a half down the road i started getting blue smoke from the engine bay and the exhaust.. about 2 minutes later the engine let go. It has now been found to have been running far to lean causing a piston melt! If i was you i'd take it to someone that knows what there doing and save yourself money in the process!!
Im not the kind of person to moan about a company without valid reason.. but the rubbed salt in my wound by telling me that it was my fault for not having all the fueling rechecked and that the were suspicous of it running lean (it was on there rollers being checked and gave me a bill of over 500 for there time and efforts!!)