Notices

Front mount fitting

Search this Thread

Old 19 January 2006, 02:07 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts
Default Front mount fitting

Does anyone know where i can find front mount fitting instructions (pics would be usefull as well) for a uk turbo my00?

sure someone fitted there own on here a couple of months back and posted a load of pics ups but cant search for link anymore.
Old 19 January 2006, 02:13 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Tidgy
Does anyone know where i can find front mount fitting instructions (pics would be usefull as well) for a uk turbo my00?

sure someone fitted there own on here a couple of months back and posted a load of pics ups but cant search for link anymore.
http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=476933

There is also a thread by me, and one by silver_scooby_sport showing how it is done.

Old 19 January 2006, 02:22 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

that is exactly what i wanna know/look at, cheers dude thats grand
Old 19 January 2006, 02:26 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

how much of a pain was it to do?
Old 19 January 2006, 02:39 PM
Moley
Sponsor

how much of a pain was it to do?
It wasn't too bad. Most people who i have spoken to say allow 8-10 hours to do the job, a lot of that time is spend cutting your bumper nicely. Don't take too much off at once!!!

The pipework on mine fitted ok, except one bit needed cutting and a small piece of hose added, just to line things up. (But mine was on a 93 WRX, might be ok on a UK Turbo).

Have fun!!!
Old 19 January 2006, 02:44 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

lol, not got it yet, umming and arring about having it, can get proper kit for uk car cheap (so pipe work should be ok) but its not cheap to have fitted so was looking in to fitting it myself. Doesn't look to much like rocket science, did you get it mapped after fitting it?
Old 19 January 2006, 03:10 PM
Moley
Sponsor

lol, not got it yet, umming and arring about having it, can get proper kit for uk car cheap (so pipe work should be ok) but its not cheap to have fitted so was looking in to fitting it myself. Doesn't look to much like rocket science, did you get it mapped after fitting it?
No not yet. Going to get a few more bits and bobs (injectors etc) and fix an APEXI ecu sometime in spring.

Runs fine with the FMIC fitted, not sure how many others have had a re-map after.

If you can get it re-mapped easily then might be worth doing, but i am 99% sure you'll be fine on a standard map.
Old 19 January 2006, 07:31 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

its remapped already though is the problem, mmm gets one thinking
Old 19 January 2006, 09:00 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not that hard to fit, Mine was the one Silver scooby sport wrote about
http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=459536
and I helped with Brun's installation.

It takes about 45 minutes to strip everything off. Lights, inticators, fog lights, intercooler, bumper, undertray etc. The bumper is a bit of a bitch as we had to cut the two saftey bolts off

On both cars we found the support bar that goes all the way accross the front of the car and what the bumper bolts to had rusted very badly. So you may need to clean this up and repaint, we sanded mine up and painted with hammerite but Brun's needed a new peice of metal as his was rusted completely away!!!!!

Take your time measuring the center of the intercooler and aligning this to centre of the car. I've seen a few on cars at shows that aren't central and look pretty crap.

On both cars we had remove the lip of the towing eye as this was pushing the intercooler forward, easerly removed with an angle grinder. Just remember to paint it afterwards to stop any rust.

Pipe work is pretty easy to feed though, but we had to join the two holes in the wing, try and get something to go over the the sharp edges, IE: door edging strip or cut a pipe and slide this over, as you can scratch the pipe when feeding it through.

The bumper is by far the hardest and most time consuming thing, we spent about 3 hours cutting mine. but as said already, keep taking a little at a time. on bruns we simply measured mine, added 10mm and slowy cut that away until the bumper was a good fit. Brun had got some door edging strip to go over the cut edge, this finished up the job really nicely.

We used a dremal for cutting the bumper, It ***** off with that.

I didn't have mine re-mapped straight away, It ran with no problems. I did notice a stronger mid-high end power. There isn't might lag, your only talking a split second.

I've fitted a VF28 now and had it rempped, no need for bigger injectors as mine already has 440's.

hope this helps

Last edited by DannyBoy007; 19 January 2006 at 09:03 PM.