Notices

oiled intercooler & idle

Search this Thread

Old 12 January 2006, 04:45 PM
SoNiCa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oiled intercooler & idle

I'm having some idle problems in last few days and I'm thinking if its because of the extra oil that I had added into the engine recently. I think the man who changed the oil on my car couldn't discharge all the oil, and added 4.5 lt new oil. After 3-4 days driving I understood that there is extra oil in the engine. (nearly extra 1,5lt)

I cleaned the intercooler and some other pipes because they were oiled. After that, car has started to have some idling problems. Actually idle stays stable, but when you rev up the engine to 3000-4000 rpm, it drops to 200-300rpm and then back to 800rpm (where it should be) It is something like a BOV idle problem but I dont have bov in my car.

I have powerFc in my car. I checked all the sensor voltages and they seem fine. I'm considering about the oil back of throttle butterfly valve because I couldnt clean there. Do you think it could make idle problems like that if there is oil back of it?
Old 12 January 2006, 09:52 PM
SoNiCa
Scooby Regular

bump
Old 13 January 2006, 11:14 AM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

unlikely to be related to the oil in the intercooler directly as the air the engine breaths on idle comes direct from the air filter to the idle valve without using the intercooler.. I would check the breathers as they maybe slightly blocked... I wouldn't expect oil vapour to effect the idle valve but it is possible, or the oil on the throttle butterfly either.. assume it is able to close when on idle etc..

Check all the pipes are on securely after the intercooler and other pipes were removed and refitted.. a slightly leak on the air intake for example may cause a reduction in MAF voltage hence the problem as it comes to idle.

Simon
Old 13 January 2006, 11:15 AM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Do you run without a BOV or with the standard one? if standard one then work checking the pipework to that too.
Old 13 January 2006, 05:15 PM
SoNiCa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jolly Green Monster
unlikely to be related to the oil in the intercooler directly as the air the engine breaths on idle comes direct from the air filter to the idle valve without using the intercooler.. I would check the breathers as they maybe slightly blocked... I wouldn't expect oil vapour to effect the idle valve but it is possible, or the oil on the throttle butterfly either.. assume it is able to close when on idle etc..

Check all the pipes are on securely after the intercooler and other pipes were removed and refitted.. a slightly leak on the air intake for example may cause a reduction in MAF voltage hence the problem as it comes to idle.

Simon
I'm running oem bypass valve and oil recirculaters. MafV seems fine at idle(warm 1025v, cold, 1250v) I'll check the pipes again.

I made a starting map for my new turbo&injectors on my desktop computer and load it to the PowerFC. I want to ask if i need a self learning idle again? Where does PowerFC keeps the self learning idle datas? Should i reinitialize powerfc when loading a new *.dat file?
Old 14 January 2006, 01:33 AM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

hope on a minute you have changed the injectors and turbo?
Old 15 January 2006, 05:07 PM
SoNiCa
Scooby Regular

Yes I put a Super16G and 550cc injectors. IDC hits to 92 @ 1.1bar and I send them back. So I mean I'm using the stock injectors right now.

Trending Topics

Old 16 January 2006, 12:45 AM
SoNiCa
Scooby Regular

I have also noticed that the car is failing to idle at cold starts. It runs smooth for the first start up, after few seconds it fails. Generally when you hold of the clutch. I dont know what happened to my car :/ It was running very smooth idle, have never experienced any problems before.
Old 16 January 2006, 11:38 AM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

bit unclear.. has the car altered since it was last mapped?