Notices

sti v5 or v6 intercooler for my 99 2000 turbo ?

Search this Thread

Old 17 December 2005, 06:57 PM
Reckless
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sti v5 or v6 intercooler for my 99 2000 turbo ?

im looking to mod my 99 2000 turbo ! its currently got a full magnex strait through system (no cats what so ever) k&n induction kit dump valve and a super chip pushing about 260 bhp as it sits on the back bumper of my pals near enough standard 95 jdm wrx with the 260 bhp ecu ! just wondering if a sti intercooler from any of the above would go on to my car with out any probs , plus would it make a noticeable diff (i think it would simply beacuse the standard 99 one is black which attracts heat there for in my eyes cause alot of heat soak like on the sunny gtir) has any of u lads done this before ? ps has any one else got a magnex strait through pipe fitted to there scooby which makes it pop and spit flames at a certain rev range (or could this be down to fuel?) if it is the fuel which should be the best to use for uk spec car with mods like my car
Old 17 December 2005, 07:14 PM
Mo
Scooby Regular

Location: the fastest rentals in town......0-100mph in 10 seconds

The intercooler's perform the same, but the 'y' piece as fitted beneath the intercooler on an STi is a valuable addition and will aid flow. If you want to change the intercooler and don't want the hassle of a front mount fit one from a newage STi, they can be had complete for around £200 from Japan.

For fuel use Optimax or maybe Tesco 99, you want the highest octane possible.
Old 17 December 2005, 07:24 PM
Reckless
Scooby Regular

Default are they easy to fit !!!!!

Originally Posted by Mo
The intercooler's perform the same, but the 'y' piece as fitted beneath the intercooler on an STi is a valuable addition and will aid flow. If you want to change the intercooler and don't want the hassle of a front mount fit one from a newage STi, they can be had complete for around £200 from Japan.

For fuel use Optimax or maybe Tesco 99, you want the highest octane possible.
thanks mo !!!!! are the new age tmic easy to fit (by that i mean no chopping of pipes or blocking off bosses) plus would my after market dv fit strait onto the newer tmic?
Old 17 December 2005, 07:55 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!

Originally Posted by Reckless
thanks mo !!!!! are the new age tmic easy to fit (by that i mean no chopping of pipes or blocking off bosses) plus would my after market dv fit strait onto the newer tmic?

Your need to modify the brackets to get it to fit and if you have a strut brace there maybe a question mark over whether your be able to retain this or not.

simb
Old 17 December 2005, 07:57 PM
finnie
Scooby Regular

I've got one from a P1 on mine with the solid pipe underneath, to be honest I didnt notice much difference but I hope that will be rectified with my remap soon, it should allow a better supply of cold air to the turbo.

Oh yeah, it was a straight swap. I think thats the same as an sti V5 one
Old 17 December 2005, 08:01 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!

Originally Posted by finnie
I've got one from a P1 on mine with the solid pipe underneath, to be honest I didnt notice much difference but I hope that will be rectified with my remap soon, it should allow a better supply of cold air to the turbo.

Oh yeah, it was a straight swap. I think thats the same as an sti V5 one

Yep same as V5/V6.

simb
Old 17 December 2005, 09:04 PM
Reckless
Scooby Regular

did have to block the solid pipe off ?