Notices

Boost problem, WTF? Help please...

Search this Thread

Old 14 December 2005, 01:48 PM
D16GER
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost problem, WTF? Help please...

****UPDATED - - READ 3rd POST****

Guys, I have another problem with MY03 WRX PPP

For those of you who don't know, I have been having some problems, on and off, with the engine light. 2 tumble motors were replaced 4 weeks ago as a result.

On the way up the road this morning, once the car was fully warmed, I gave it some welly in 2nd gear coming away from a junction.

At about 5,700-6,000 revs there was an almighty drop in power , but only for a split second, then the power returned. The orange engine light also came on when the power dropped.

Needless to say I almost crapped myself and guided the car slowly back home. It felt like it was driving fine, and I think the boost was ok, but I didn't want to risk any damage.

Now, I have called Subaru Assistance who are sending someone round later, but has anyone experienced this before? Any ideas what it may be?

Thanks for any advice guys.

Last edited by D16GER; 14 December 2005 at 11:47 PM.
Old 14 December 2005, 03:37 PM
morpheous
Scooby Regular

Fuel cut perhaps? Quite a few posts about people suffering with boost problems a lot of it is due to the cold denser air that your ramming into the engine

Originally Posted by D16GER
Guys, I have another problem with MY03 WRX PPP

For those of you who don't know, I have been having some problems, on and off, with the engine light. 2 tumble motors were replaced 4 weeks ago as a result.

On the way up the road this morning, once the car was fully warmed, I gave it some welly in 2nd gear coming away from a junction.

At about 5,700-6,000 revs there was an almighty drop in power , but only for a split second, then the power returned. The orange engine light also came on when the power dropped.

Needless to say I almost crapped myself and guided the car slowly back home. It felt like it was driving fine, and I think the boost was ok, but I didn't want to risk any damage.

Now, I have called Subaru Assistance who are sending someone round later, but has anyone experienced this before? Any ideas what it may be?

Thanks for any advice guys.
Old 14 December 2005, 08:45 PM
D16GER
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the reply. The guy from Subaru Assistance turned up, minus a ECU scanner, doh!!

Anyway, he tried to reset via battery removal, which did not work, so off to the garage.

I went along and the guys hooked it up to the scanner......

Fault 1 (From Friday I believe) - Oxygen Sensor

Fault 2 (Today's problem) - Wastegate Solenoid

Both apparently minor problems that won't cause any damage if I continue to drive the car.

Technician has reset the ECU and all is well so far.

New parts ordered by the dealer under warranty, and all should be remedied by the start of next week.

Thank god, I was begining to sweat!!

Oh and I asked the Technician about the small rattle I have at the front and he said he didn't know what it was but 'it didn't sound too bad'.

The rattle I have now discovered is more like someone shaking a plastic box containing a couple of nuts around. It can only really be properly heard when you put your ear right in front of the grille, more to the passenger side.

Anyone any ideas as to what the rattle might be?

Cheers again guys