Notices

missfire??

Search this Thread

Old 10 December 2005, 10:20 PM
jerf
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default missfire??

hi all, just bought my first scoobie.'95 n reg with certified 38,000 miles and totally standard.could anyone tell me why sometimes when putting my foot down a bit it will holdback a bit and give what seems like a missfire but will then clear through and really pull strong.like i said it is totally standard and is jap import.it was only imported in march by the bloke i bought it off and i don't think he understood the kind of car he had and doubt if he has ever had it tuned or set up to run in this country.could this be the problem?or is there something else i should look for.cheers guys.Lee...........
Old 11 December 2005, 10:18 AM
sti69
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jerf
hi all, just bought my first scoobie.'95 n reg with certified 38,000 miles and totally standard.could anyone tell me why sometimes when putting my foot down a bit it will holdback a bit and give what seems like a missfire but will then clear through and really pull strong.like i said it is totally standard and is jap import.it was only imported in march by the bloke i bought it off and i don't think he understood the kind of car he had and doubt if he has ever had it tuned or set up to run in this country.could this be the problem?or is there something else i should look for.cheers guys.Lee...........
Hi mate,have you checked CEL for any fault codes (connect to black wires under steering column) this will bring up any faults the ecu has logged although some faults might have been repaired so you might have to reset the ecu and drive the car until CEL brings up new faults! Just search the forum to find more info on the CEL and resetting the ecu.

With it being a jap import it needs to be running on shell optimax with octane booster (just to be safe).

Hope this helps mate!
Old 11 December 2005, 11:13 AM
jerf
Scooby Newbie

thanks mate,if i was running on normal unleaded would this make it misbehave like i described? because when i bought it it had no petrol in it hardly and i couldn't find a garage with optimax so i had to put ordinary unleaded in.
cheers.
Lee........