Notices

New Paddle clutch Slipping...help...

Search this Thread

Old 22 November 2005, 08:31 PM
garethbrunt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Paddle clutch Slipping...help...

Hi All,

Bought and fitted a 4 paddle clutch and high pressure plate from Techniclutch. Got it all fitted up but the bite is very high up the peddle and slips under full boost. Has anyone any ideas what this could be?????

The release arm is free and not holding the pressure plate out in anyway and is located in the release bearing properly etc.

Thanks in advance.
Old 22 November 2005, 08:46 PM
flat4_ire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by garethbrunt
Hi All,

Bought and fitted a 4 paddle clutch and high pressure plate from Techniclutch. Got it all fitted up but the bite is very high up the peddle and slips under full boost. Has anyone any ideas what this could be?????

The release arm is free and not holding the pressure plate out in anyway and is located in the release bearing properly etc.

Thanks in advance.
bring it straight back to whoever fitted..i have a paddle clutch on my type r and it bites really fast!!**** to get used to but now u love it,and hasnt slipped once or anything since i got the car nearly 6mths ago..
tips for today= bring it back to where u got it fitted,shudnt be slipping and shudnt be releasing high up! shud bite right away practically
Old 22 November 2005, 08:49 PM
ZEN Performance
Former Sponsor

take it to whoever fitted it in the first instance, especially if they supplied it via techniclutch.
Old 22 November 2005, 08:53 PM
garethbrunt
Scooby Regular

Fitted it myself......do this all day though....strange...I must have something wrong somewhere???
Old 22 November 2005, 09:03 PM
ZEN Performance
Former Sponsor

how thick was the clutch plate? There are 2 predominant thickness' used on the subaru, 5 and 8 mm the latter being more common. I wonder if you have a 5m thick plate and cover designed for an 8mm plate?

Other than that, the release bearing may not yet located in place, holding the clutch open. Did you mount the release bearing on the clutch when fitting, or assemble the bearing on the gearbox with the fork? The latter normally needs the release bearing to slide into the correct position, which it may not do to start with.

Paul
Old 22 November 2005, 09:20 PM
garethbrunt
Scooby Regular

Possible I guess. I assembled the release bearing on the pressure plate first. The strange thing is that at first the clutch was very juddery like a normal paddle clutch, but on driving home I pressed the clutch and this time it stayed down. I hooked the pedal back up and it is now smooth and at the top. Really odd.

I am thinging of double checking the pressure plate torque. Infact does anyone know what it should be and if it can be got at, 'box in situ?
Old 22 November 2005, 09:37 PM
FB Tuning
Former Sponsor

Sounds like you might have missed the release bearing when fiddling the clutch arm into position - Get a pen torch and remove the rubber boot around the fork, release the pin and check that the fork is engaged properly - Otherwise it sounds like a box off job.

Its not much help to you now, but IMO It's far easier to put the release bearing and clutch arm onto the box prior to assembly.
Old 22 November 2005, 09:38 PM
garethbrunt
Scooby Regular

Am pretty sure the release bearing is fine. have had a look with a torch, taken the pin out and put it in again to be sure.......