Notices

Just fitted headers. Now have lecy problem.

Search this Thread

Old 22 October 2005, 07:41 PM
scoobymark66
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just fitted headers. Now have lecy problem.

Hi guys. I have spent the afternoon fitting a set of Megan unequal length headers. Apart from losing a pound of skin first impressions are good. They make the exhaust note seem a little deeper and the revs also pick up a bit quicker. I don't know about any noticeable power increase as the car didn't last very long on the first blast!!!!!

Car started to run very rough. Electrics whent a bit haywire then it just cut out.
Tried to restart engine. It turns over fine but will not even try to start. I did notice that my cel is not lit with the oil and battery light. There was no warning with the cel or temp gauge.

I have just niticed that the main loom which runs along the bottom front edge of the engine bay (just below the rad) is touching the headers and has melted onto them. I am asuming that one or more wires may have shorted onto them. I did nitice that my window winder relay has blown.

Does this shorting of the wires sound feasable or am I clutching at straws? I have tryed my spare ECU and it is just the same. It was getting a bit dark to try anything else. By the way it is a 93 JDM.

Sorry about the long post but any thoughts will be apreciated. I will be having a look at the wires in the morning.
Old 22 October 2005, 08:03 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there was another post similar to this the other day. I would say it is definately the loom if part of it has melted, specially if they werent melted before the swap.!
Old 22 October 2005, 08:24 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

yup when i 1st put my groupe s headers on a few years back there is part of the loom that is next to the headers, its just behind the bumper and it was melting mine. luckily i spotted it in time and got it sorted. it was putting the CEL on my dash