Notices

These accumate chargers...

Search this Thread

Old 13 October 2005, 08:10 PM
eastfifetyke
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default These accumate chargers...

Hello all, could anyone tell me if they need to be plugged into the mains or operate seperately as the garage i keep my scoob in has no power to it.
I ask this as i've just had to have a new battery fitted on my 53 wrx wagon as the old one was totally shagged and i don't fancy shelling out again in the near future for battery after battery.
If this sort of battery maintainer requires mains power, does anybody use anything else if in a similar situation to me.
Cheers, Mark.
Old 13 October 2005, 10:44 PM
fastfrank
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eastfifetyke
Hello all, could anyone tell me if they need to be plugged into the mains or operate seperately as the garage i keep my scoob in has no power to it.
I ask this as i've just had to have a new battery fitted on my 53 wrx wagon as the old one was totally shagged and i don't fancy shelling out again in the near future for battery after battery.
If this sort of battery maintainer requires mains power, does anybody use anything else if in a similar situation to me.
Cheers, Mark.
yep the Accumate and Optimate chargers need mains to enable them to charge your battery.

I used an Optimate to keep my WRX03 battery charged for a month when i wasn't using it.

Have you considered the solar chargers? Only thing is I'm not sure how they interface with your cars electrical system seeing as the *** lighter socket might be disabled when the ignition is turned off.