Notices

how do i get rid of remap

Search this Thread

Old 26 August 2005, 05:04 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do i get rid of remap

my car has had a tek 2 remap,the car is fitted with a ppp on a 01 wrx,i much prefer the way prodrive car's drive and am looking at returning it to this,so how to get rid of remap?

is it a simple job or am i stuck with it

cheers mark
Old 26 August 2005, 07:26 PM
ZEN Performance
Former Sponsor

I don't quite understand what you've done. Has it had a Ecutek remap after a PPP was fitted?

If it's had an ecutek custom map (surely you mean tek 3?), then there is no way you personally can return it to standard. I'm not even sure an Ecutek dealer could do it for you, as they would need the Prodrive map to put on the ECU.

Normally people sell the PPP ecu and use a standard ECU as the base for an Ecutek remap.

Paul
Old 26 August 2005, 08:43 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

If indeed this is a TEK 3 then why don't you have it remapped again, only explaining to mapper exactly how you want the car to drive (should only cost ~£150 IIRC)..?
Old 27 August 2005, 08:33 AM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

im under the impression that the car has had a tek 2 remap onto the prodrive ecu,i have only just got the car,it was fitted with an induction kit and is also fitted with a boost controller,now am i correct in saying that a tek 2 remap is mapped to the engine and not set-up for the mod's,so if i remove the induction kit and boost controller it wont effect the running of the car?
Old 27 August 2005, 06:58 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

It would be worth finding out if the tek2 licence is valid for a tek3 remap, someone on SN may know this..?
Old 27 August 2005, 07:31 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I changed my Tek2 (average map for de-cat, flashed onto the ECU in the car park) for my Tek 3 I had to pay the full amount again 'cos the licence was closed..

Did the mapper leave the original map in place to be accessed using full throttle and pressing the rear screen heater combination ?

Midlife.....
Old 27 August 2005, 08:39 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Midlife......
When I changed my Tek2 (average map for de-cat, flashed onto the ECU in the car park) for my Tek 3 I had to pay the full amount again 'cos the licence was closed..

Did the mapper leave the original map in place to be accessed using full throttle and pressing the rear screen heater combination ?

Midlife.....
ERH!

aint a clue matey,the car was already mapped when taken as part ex for my sti,the problem i have had seems to be going now,been fiddling with the boost controller and removed the induction kit,the car is running ten times better then before
Old 28 August 2005, 02:52 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jasonius
It would be worth finding out if the tek2 licence is valid for a tek3 remap, someone on SN may know this..?
Yes it is according to < < < ENGINE TUNER > > > although I don't know the variables (time license owned etc). I recently asked this question when considering Tek 3 remaping my UK car which was burdened with a Tek 2. Alan did have to check however so I think it's far from conclusive and if the Tek 2 license can indeed be used I would imagine that this is a fairly recent innovation.

Last edited by JTaylor; 28 August 2005 at 02:56 AM.