Notices

Just fitted an HKS SSQV & HKS RS Kit..

Search this Thread

Old 20 August 2005, 06:28 PM
SCOOBYD00
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just fitted an HKS SSQV & HKS RS Kit..

In preparation for my FMIC & Headers to go on within the next few weeks I picked up an induction kit & BOV... could not resist sticking them on

HKS RS Suction kit.. awsome package.. even comes with an optional MAF replacement section, all washers bolts brakets etc a perfect fit. Got to hand it to HKS best kit I've seen on any car.

The car now sounds like a jet and pulls harder than before and well worth the price IMHO.

The SSQV VTA BOV from HKS again great kit & everything supplied with no bodging required... ok its a 'chav horn' but with the induction kit and the chatter... loving it... after all it just adds to the scooby driving experience. (having said that.. Must admit.. sometimes I hate VTA BOVS and sometimes I love them.. a 5 mins job to swap over so enjoying it for the moment!
The purple insert in the BOV produces a loud low pitched note much different from the sound I had imagined, actually glad as the stock item seems very high pitched. The SSQV is louder than my old Bailey BOV and produces a different note / chatter at different revs. Very nice.

Car idle fine - nothing but the bottom solid green light on the Knocklink and the car pulls harder through the gears with less lag.

Heading to the RR again next month & a couple of track outings too so will be able to judge from the numbers & the feel on track, mucho pleased just got the FMIC & Headers to fit (sitting in the garage @ the moment..) then remap my Link or go Apexi.