Notices

Lack of noise JDM STi V8!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09 August 2005, 10:23 PM
Ricky81 STi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lack of noise JDM STi V8!!!!

Got myself a JDM V8 in the past few months but I'm very dissapointed with the lack of noise compared to the STi V5 I had. Am I right in saying there's equal length manifolfds on the new JDM STi cars??
Thinking of buying a full Blitz Nur Spec R and possibly a decat down pipe, you guys think this will give the old dog back her bark? Although I guess I still won't get as much of that off beat throbby flat four.
Old 09 August 2005, 10:30 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You obviously havent heard one of these with the latest design of a 3" free flowing exhaust system on then?!?!

I wouldnt dare state what db level has been recorded on mine!

Regards,
Shaun.
Old 10 August 2005, 05:22 PM
lostnconfused
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey all need some advice..

Originally Posted by webmaster
You obviously havent heard one of these with the latest design of a 3" free flowing exhaust system on then?!?!

I wouldnt dare state what db level has been recorded on mine!

Regards,
Shaun.
ok heres the deal i recently purchased a v8 sti and as mentioned doesnt really have the ol boxer grunt..i changed the entire exhaust system excluding the downpipe .. didnt get any louder...i realised this new TRUST exhaust system i installed had 2 bullets in it and its muffler was a quite one..i recently removed the cat on my downpipe by replacing the cownpipe with a custom one... sound only got a little louder..if i used 3.5" pipings, straight flow with no bullets and a blitz nu spec-r muffler..would that bring the car alive?? really need help here..thanx