can someone help please?

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2005, 07:44 PM
heavyontyres
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can someone help please?

I hope someone can help me?

I have a '98 UK Turbo done about 92K. The clutch has juddered all the time I have had it and the bite point is quite hi. Recently as the turbo comes in the rev counter as shot round from 2.5k to around 4k with a speed faster than a Macca. unfortunatly acceleration is not quite as impressive...

I have come to the conclusion that I knew I would that the clutch now needs replacing.

I am hoping to get away with just replacing the friction plates - is this feasable? Also how difficult a job is it?

Other issues I have are I had the cam belt replaced at Scooby Clinic at 88K (they where very good) along with aircon and drive belt. If I drive the car hard (but of course within speed limits) I start to get a belt whining noise and a slight vibration through the steering wheel. Any ideas? I have recently replaced the oil with Mobil 1 but havent done the gearbox and diff oils.

Finally how do you change the spark plugs!!!!
Old 28 July 2005, 09:45 PM
redeye
Scooby Regular

hi m8y
from my experience youll have to get the flywheel skimmed,your looking at about £400
to get your clutch and flywheel done.wouldnt like to do it myself.
changing the spark plugs is a pain,you have to take off the washer bottle and air filter to get into them,make sure you have a long extension on your ratchet as they are a long way in.
as for vibration, are your wheels balanced and alingned properly?
Old 30 July 2005, 11:01 AM
heavyontyres
Scooby Newbie

Hi Redeye, thanks for coming back to me. Do you recomend anyone to do clutch?

Wheels and track are spot on. Its almost like the powersteering fliud is "funny" that creates vibration. As if a lot of effort going through the steering wheel makes the whole thing seems like its whining a bit. Its this whining that you can feel through the wheel.

Originally Posted by redeye
hi m8y
from my experience youll have to get the flywheel skimmed,your looking at about £400
to get your clutch and flywheel done.wouldnt like to do it myself.
changing the spark plugs is a pain,you have to take off the washer bottle and air filter to get into them,make sure you have a long extension on your ratchet as they are a long way in.
as for vibration, are your wheels balanced and alingned properly?
Old 30 July 2005, 11:23 AM
redeye
Scooby Regular

i got dicksons of dunblane to do my clutch,i think i was £450 thats with getting the flywheel skimmed too.

really not sure about your whinning noise.