P1 turbo blown please help!

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2005, 11:52 AM
lomaximus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P1 turbo blown please help!

HI guys!

I'm pretty sure i blew my turbo last weekend. I was out giving her a blast when i suddenly noticed the boost was running really high! next i started to lose power and stange noise was coming from the "turbo area" when she unloaded. i managed to limp so far home before it seemed to loose power completely ( f~~~ me was it slow!) i stopped checked over the engine to find what i think is the oil feed pipe to the turbo broke. I 've fixed it but its now blowing out smoke like a **** through the exhaust. The engine seems to run fine-ish if not choking ever so slightly.
1. does any body concur on me blowing the turbo?
2. If it is blown is it worth getting a bigger turbo for it or just sticking to a standard one? What should i fit?

Cheers
Old 28 July 2005, 12:50 PM
p1prodrive
Scooby Regular

Hi there mate you will get alot of smoke from the oil it will need to burn off but if you do need a turbo i know somebody that has just upgraded his turbo on his p1 so he has his standard one available PM if required.

cheers matt
Old 28 July 2005, 04:41 PM
lomaximus
Scooby Regular

cheers bud! might be in touch i think your mates with blade aren't you i met you at mels b'day other day!! Any one else wishing to comment????
Old 28 July 2005, 04:51 PM
p1prodrive
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lomaximus
cheers bud! might be in touch i think your mates with blade aren't you i met you at mels b'day other day!! Any one else wishing to comment????
dont know anyone called mel and i live in south wales, so a wire crossed somewhere ?

matt
Old 29 July 2005, 08:38 AM
lomaximus
Scooby Regular

hmm amazing just spoke to a bloke the other day who had a mate who had just uprated his turbo on a p1 and had one spare? just out of interest how much does he want for it? i'm really looking at uprating the turbo but if its cheap enough might just wait!

Cheers