P1 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2005, 09:48 AM
lomaximus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P1 turbo

HI guys!

I'm pretty sure i blew my turbo last weekend. I was out giving her a blast when i suddenly noticed the boost was running really high! next i started to lose power and stange noise was coming from the "turbo area" when she unloaded. i managed to limp so far home before it seemed to loose power completely ( f~~~ me was it slow!) i stopped checked over the engine to find what i think is the oil feed pipe to the turbo broke. I 've fixed it but its now blowing out smoke like a **** through the exhaust. The engine seems to run fine-ish if not choking ever so slightly.
1. does any body concur on me blowing the turbo?
2. If it is blown is it worth getting a bigger turbo for it or just sticking to a standard one? What should i fit?

Cheers
Old 29 July 2005, 10:58 PM
P4LNY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lomaximus
HI guys!

I'm pretty sure i blew my turbo last weekend. I was out giving her a blast when i suddenly noticed the boost was running really high! next i started to lose power and stange noise was coming from the "turbo area" when she unloaded. i managed to limp so far home before it seemed to loose power completely ( f~~~ me was it slow!) i stopped checked over the engine to find what i think is the oil feed pipe to the turbo broke. I 've fixed it but its now blowing out smoke like a **** through the exhaust. The engine seems to run fine-ish if not choking ever so slightly.
1. does any body concur on me blowing the turbo?
2. If it is blown is it worth getting a bigger turbo for it or just sticking to a standard one? What should i fit?

Cheers
Sorry to hear your loss matey,
Prior to your oil feed braking and the sudden increase in boost im afraid i couldn't coment on, but with no oil feeding the turbo bearings, id say that these are fcuked and will need replacing.
Also depending on how far your drove with oil leaking from the feed, you may have run the engine completely out of oil screwing the big ends - and other things at the same time.
Give david a call at api, he'll know what damage you've caused and what it will cost to repair.
Old 30 July 2005, 03:36 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by P4LNY
Sorry to hear your loss matey,
Prior to your oil feed braking and the sudden increase in boost im afraid i couldn't coment on, but with no oil feeding the turbo bearings, id say that these are fcuked and will need replacing.
Also depending on how far your drove with oil leaking from the feed, you may have run the engine completely out of oil screwing the big ends - and other things at the same time.
Give david a call at api, he'll know what damage you've caused and what it will cost to repair.
Thank for the plug P4LNY

David APi engines / APi Impreza
www.apiengines.com