Notices

Wobbly wheel

Search this Thread

Old 19 July 2005, 10:38 AM
flatoutscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Wobbly wheel

My left hand drivers wheel feels loose but I have checked all the bolts and also had it checked over by my local garage. The car seems to wander more so to the left meaning i constantly have to correct my steering. This has got much worse in the last week. Also I get very bad understeer on left hand bends which has caught me out a few times. Any ideas would be much appreciated as the car is no fun to drive like this

Luke
Old 19 July 2005, 11:56 AM
STI Craig
Scooby Regular

could be a simple case of tracking being out
as u need 4 wheel align ment i would recomend taking it to subaru cost about £60
Old 19 July 2005, 12:20 PM
Belmondo
Scooby Regular

Red face

Originally Posted by flatoutscooby
My left hand drivers wheel feels loose but I have checked all the bolts and also had it checked over by my local garage. The car seems to wander more so to the left meaning i constantly have to correct my steering. This has got much worse in the last week. Also I get very bad understeer on left hand bends which has caught me out a few times. Any ideas would be much appreciated as the car is no fun to drive like this

Luke
Does it feel loose off the ground (jacked up) or when you are driving? Having some 'play' in the wheel is usually a knackered bearing. However that's not likely to cause the other problems you mention. I would guess at shot bushes (would probably give a knocking sound over bumps as well) or a worn out ball joint.

If it feels loose when driving it could be alignment as said above. Have you been in a pothole or similar recently?
Old 19 July 2005, 02:24 PM
flatoutscooby
Scooby Regular

Thanks. Was thinking of trying alignment but seems like there is another problem because it is quite severe. I spun the car and bent the rear hub about six months ago, replaced that and the car appeared to be fine but its gradually got worse now its pretty dangerous. There is slight play from the wheel when its jacked up but I have also noticed play in the steering wheel that i didn't have before with the ignition off and a clunk noise.