Notices

A real tricky engine not starting problem.

Search this Thread

Old 17 July 2005, 02:35 PM
RB5263
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A real tricky engine not starting problem.

Hi fellas,

Have a real weird non starting engine problem on a MY99 UK turbo 2000 i cannot fathom out. Perhaps someone here could help.

I fitted a tubular manifold the other day and started the car it ran sweet as a nut until it cut out after getting upto temp. Noticed that a fuse had blown and eventually tracked the fault down to the wiring loom which had touched the manifold and melted through. Repaired the wiring replaced the fuse and the car wouldnt start. No error codes from the ecu so I thought I'd buggered the ecu.

Bought a new one from a wreckers and same problem. Again no error codes.

Then I managed to start the engine and it ran as sweet as a nut again. Turned it off wouldnt start. This has now happened a couple of times. I have managed to start the car and go and drive it for about 10 miles no sign of any problem until i switch it off then it wont start. No wires are loose, I have built this engine from scratch and have double checked everything.

Even tried spare set oif keys and reprogramming them into the alarm. Still no joy. Like I say when it does start there are no problems whatsoever its not lumpy it doesnt misfire it just doesnt restart after I switch it off.

Have no error codes so I am well and trully stumped.... Any Ideas???????