Notices

What exactly is different about my "Prodrive"?

Search this Thread

Old 05 July 2005, 10:26 AM
greenprodrive
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What exactly is different about my "Prodrive"?

I have a UK 1998 turbo (green as it happens).

It is a genuine UK car, with "prodrive modifications", which were fitted before it had it's first "live" road use.

I've sussed out that the following apply :-
- raised spoiler
- short-shift gear chager
- side skirts
- different exhaust
- prodrive mats inside , and sporty seats.

HOWEVER, what about under the bonnet ? Any idea what might be different there ? (I've gor engine out for head hgasket replacement ,m but never worked on scooby before, so wouldn't know what's standard, and what isn't).

- Are there likely to be any physical differences ?
- Is the ECU likely to be mapped to give it more power ? (The previous owner said it gave 280bhp .. I wouldn't know, but it feels bloody quick).

Any thoughts / info / links would be great

Cheers - Mark
Old 05 July 2005, 10:29 AM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably the Prodrive Performance Pack (PPP) is fitted.

Stefan
Old 05 July 2005, 10:59 AM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

I thought that ppp gave about 240bhp and similar torque for 97/98 models
Old 05 July 2005, 11:03 AM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It does.

The bloke only said it has 280bhp. Did he give you any paperwork to back up that claim?

The PPP was the only Prodrive option from the Dealer network, so unless the car can be shown to have 280bhp you can only assume the rest.

If you lift the passenger carpet the ECU is behind the kickplate. A look at that would give an indication as to whether it's a Prodrive ECU upgrade or something else.

Stefan
Old 06 July 2005, 08:18 AM
greenprodrive
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Probably is 240

Originally Posted by ozzy
It does.

The bloke only said it has 280bhp. Did he give you any paperwork to back up that claim?

The PPP was the only Prodrive option from the Dealer network, so unless the car can be shown to have 280bhp you can only assume the rest.

If you lift the passenger carpet the ECU is behind the kickplate. A look at that would give an indication as to whether it's a Prodrive ECU upgrade or something else.

Stefan
Yep , it was just verbal from the guy , and to be honest, I'd never driven a subaru before, and when I did the test drive, I basically just thought .. (hmm .. this is awesome , he wants 5 grand .. no brainer ..), so I didn't really mind.

I know it's the standard turbo , and I'll have a look at the ecu , out of curiosity.

Now that the head gasket is gone, and engine is out , I'm thinking abut what I can mod. for more power (on a sensible budget) .