Notices

ECUTECH PROBLEMS ON NEWAGE STI

Search this Thread

Old 29 June 2005, 07:28 PM
Jason Knowles
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECUTECH PROBLEMS ON NEWAGE STI

Im going to get my 04 STI remapped soon,id like to hear other peoples views after there car was done.I.e cold start up any problems with general running,performance gains and where you mainly felt them.Any rolling road figures on the STI to prove power gains.Also any mappers to be avoided.Thanks JASON
Old 29 June 2005, 11:47 PM
RB5 Paul
Scooby Regular

I know it's a different car but my rb5 has a tek2 ecu that was fitted by powerstation 2 and a half years ago and i've had no problems at all,aside from the extra power you'd think it was standard
Old 30 June 2005, 12:08 AM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jason

No probs at all with my EcuTeK re-map in relation to cold starts etc (it keeps the OEM cold start anyway)....

Just do a search and I'm sure it will throw up lots of info

My EcuTeK was done by Bob "guru" Rawle...IMHO 100% professional job and I travelled from Carlisle to Swindon

However there are a number of well respected mappers to chose from depending where you are living. Perhaps the nearest to me is Andy Forrest who needs no introduction

Also depends on what "bits" you have added to your car.

Shaun
Old 30 June 2005, 09:45 AM
donutman
Scooby Regular

My Jdm my04 sti is a different car since i took it in for a remap.
Old 30 June 2005, 09:00 PM
Jason Knowles
Scooby Regular

Im making arrange ments soon for my trip to Swindon for my remap with Bob Rawle,looking forward to the results.JASON
Old 30 June 2005, 09:06 PM
alanbell
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Andy F has just mapped my jdm 01 sti with tec 3 , his price is very good (thanks andy) and his mapping is second to none !!! well worth the nice stay in bonney scotland,
Old 30 June 2005, 10:55 PM
Granby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jason Knowles
Im making arrange ments soon for my trip to Swindon for my remap with Bob Rawle,looking forward to the results.JASON
You won't be disappointed, when he done my WRX it was a different car
Old 01 July 2005, 08:29 AM
SPIKE LIKE MIKE
Scooby Regular

hi mate,
i used WRC @ silverstone,went from 309bhp to 324, 300ftlb to 350ft lb,so pleased,then att a RR day there 2 weeks after and the figs were down to 318/330 (very hot day)and Mike Woods of prodrive pointed out some ignition differences between the WR1 and the STi so they had the car back for a day in conjunction with ECUTEK and did some more mapping no charge.
pleased as punch as got he car back wednesday and they say over the next week as the ecu adjusts further the car should become noticably quicker,

goodluk,thoroughly reccomend WRC
Old 01 July 2005, 10:47 AM
Markyboy uk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jason Knowles
Im going to get my 04 STI remapped soon,id like to hear other peoples views after there car was done.I.e cold start up any problems with general running,performance gains and where you mainly felt them.Any rolling road figures on the STI to prove power gains.Also any mappers to be avoided.Thanks JASON
As I understand it, the beauty with ECUTEK is that you don't lose any of the safe cold start / general running parameters - so if the car is mapped by a reputable mapper (I'm another one of BRD/Bob Rawle's happy customers) you need not be concerned with cold start / general running gremlins post ECUTEK remap.
Old 01 July 2005, 07:18 PM
Jason Knowles
Scooby Regular

You all seem to be giving good feedback,which is what i wanted to here.JASON
Old 01 July 2005, 09:01 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

My 05 WRx was mapped by Bob a few weeks ago and my posts on here more than say how happy I am with the results. The cold start/runninig is noticably smoother and less 'smelly' as the std map runs extremely rich when cold (even by scoob standards..!) and this is sorted out in the mapping.

As for performance, for me it was a definate WOW..! I'm not into figures as they are really meaningless, it's how it drives on the road that matters..!

I'm not sure if you already have PPP in which case the difference will be less noticable, I'm sure you don't in which case you'll be over the moon with the results. If you're really lucky you might even see an inprovement in your MPG..!