Notices

Removing Boost Gauges ?

Search this Thread

Old 27 June 2005, 04:14 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing Boost Gauges ?

I know this may seem like treason but I'm picking up my Impreza tonight and it has a Greddy boost gauge and Greddy Turbo Temp gauge ( both fitted to the steering coloumn ) which I want to remove as they get in the way of the dash, and I dont really like the positioning.

So.. having looked at guides for fitting gauges, is it just basically the reverse, plus replacing any pipes that have been tapped into with a T piece, or is there anything else I should look out for ?

If the gauges are going straight onto the manifold, can I just remove it all and blank up the hole ?

Any advice from people who have removed or replaced them before much appreciated.
Old 27 June 2005, 04:56 PM
cossie01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MikeCardiff
I know this may seem like treason but I'm picking up my Impreza tonight and it has a Greddy boost gauge and Greddy Turbo Temp gauge ( both fitted to the steering coloumn ) which I want to remove as they get in the way of the dash, and I dont really like the positioning.

So.. having looked at guides for fitting gauges, is it just basically the reverse, plus replacing any pipes that have been tapped into with a T piece, or is there anything else I should look out for ?

If the gauges are going straight onto the manifold, can I just remove it all and blank up the hole ?

Any advice from people who have removed or replaced them before much appreciated.
hi m8

Should be pretty much as you have said, just remove the gauges and follow any pipeing and wiring back and remove it, and then blank any holes up that are left behind.

Also if you wanna sell the gauges or pods then let me know plz
Old 27 June 2005, 05:22 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Dont have the pods as they are mounted to the steering colomn with metal rings, sort of in front of the rest of the dash.

May well be interested in selling the two gauges though along with all the wiring and pipework to go with them, send me a pm