Search this Thread

Old 07 June 2005, 06:53 PM
VAL113R
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thread size of oil temp sender

Hi

looking to install an oil temp gauge

I want to put a T Piece into the standard oil temp sender in the car, can someone tell me the thread size please ?

cheers
Old 07 June 2005, 10:13 PM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

There isn't an oil temp sender as standard, do you mean you want to fit an oil temp sender on a t piece with the oem oil pressure switch (below the alternator)?? This won't give a true reading as the oil will not be circulating in the T piece. An oil temp sender needs to go above cylinder 3 by replacing the bung that is in there at the moment. You will need an adpator bung for this so that the sender will fit, the thread ion the block is M18x1.5mm. If you want to replace the oil pressure swticth with a T piece so you can fit an after market oil pressure sender, the thread in the block (well adaptor bung that is already in the block) is 1/8 BSP
Old 07 June 2005, 10:53 PM
VAL113R
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by austen_wrx
There isn't an oil temp sender as standard, do you mean you want to fit an oil temp sender on a t piece with the oem oil pressure switch (below the alternator)?? This won't give a true reading as the oil will not be circulating in the T piece. An oil temp sender needs to go above cylinder 3 by replacing the bung that is in there at the moment. You will need an adpator bung for this so that the sender will fit, the thread ion the block is M18x1.5mm. If you want to replace the oil pressure swticth with a T piece so you can fit an after market oil pressure sender, the thread in the block (well adaptor bung that is already in the block) is 1/8 BSP
I have an oil temperatur gauge that I want to install. I assumed there would be a sender I could T-piece into. Where would be the best place to fit this then ?

cheers
Old 07 June 2005, 11:23 PM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

Fit it in the bung above cyliber no3 (if you remove the ic you will see it on the front driverside of the gap left. You will need a M18x1.5mm adaptor bung that fits your sender. Try LMA for this.