Notices

Those green and black connectors under the steering column used to reset ECU.......

Search this Thread

Old 03 June 2005, 12:21 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Those green and black connectors under the steering column used to reset ECU.......

Anyone got an actual picture of them, I have a MY00 Uk and feel the need to clean the boost solenoid. I remember in the early days wanting to reset my ECU and went in search under the dashboard. I had my head in the drivers footwell, feet over the drivers back rest a torch and spent probably 5 mins under the steering column moving wires and looms about got neck ache and bored and didn't bother. Had it reset with a select monitor instead.
Then when I put my pedal extensions on, thought i'd have another look, nope nothing. I therefore have come to the following conclusions:

I'm blind
I'm looking in totally the wrong place
I'm looking right at them but they don't look like i'm expecting them to so therefore i'm ignoring them
My car doesn't have them
They are taped up against another part of the loom and therefore out of sight

Any pics would be gratefully viewed, also if describing where they are could you imagine that you are laying with your head in the drivers footwell looking up at the steering column.

Ta
Old 03 June 2005, 01:18 PM
Sti_Lad
Scooby Regular

If I remember correctly,

look up under the dash just behind the steering column, two connectors sit next to each other and click in together, this runs diagnostics and makes ever solenoid, relay and fan click, tick and whirr! Earlier cars im not sure on but if the connectors are there It might work...

The are kind of more to the side of the drivers door and fuse panels... havent got any pictures im afraid!

Old 03 June 2005, 01:40 PM
TonyFlow
Scooby Regular

They MAY be covered in insulation tape - mine were (and now aren't!)
Old 03 June 2005, 01:43 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

^^^^ Ahhh HA!!