Notices

oil pressure adaptor from scooby clinic?

Search this Thread

Old 29 May 2005, 04:54 PM
dragonwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil pressure adaptor from scooby clinic?

having read countless threads on how to fit an oil pressure gauge,there have been some mentions of scooby clinic selling the adaptor which moves the sender from the alternator altho searching the website i havnt found anything.has any one purchased this item from them if so how much was it,and if not,are there any other sites?
Old 30 May 2005, 11:31 AM
Rokay
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dragonwrx
there have been some mentions of scooby clinic selling the adaptor which moves the sender from the alternator
Not really sure what you are trying to acheive here. As you have said the oil pressure sensor lies just under the alternator.
When installing a gauge and lets say a Defi for the moment (Just because i have a set) you only need remove the original pressure sensor, leaving the original adapter in the block you then screw the new gauge sensor into the adapter. Sits quite nicely under the alternator.
With the above set up you of coarse loose your main dash display pressure warning.
However there is an adapter that allows you to keep your main display as well as connect a gauge as well. Is this what your talking about?
I haven't got one myself but i have seen one. Imagine a largish brass adapter with a short length of braided hose 4", two threaded ports. one for the oem px sensor and one for gauge px sensor. Screw the braided hose into the oem adapter on the block (under alternator) Connect your oem sensor and gauge sensor to brass adapter. Hey presto. Both main display and gauge pressure display at once. Two 'p' clips are supplied to secure said brass adapter out the way.

Le Mans Motorsport sell this remote oil pressure gauge tee piece kit 1/8 NPT @ £14.69 P/N LMA 095

Last edited by Rokay; 30 May 2005 at 11:38 AM.
Old 31 May 2005, 08:28 AM
dragonwrx
Scooby Regular

yeah thats the one,cheers the oil pressure sender is to big to fit under the alternator hence needing to move it its a common thing just could find wer to get the part lol