Notices

how to fit a Dawes device on a V2 STI??

Search this Thread

Old 29 April 2005, 10:16 PM
Red Suns
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to fit a Dawes device on a V2 STI??

hi there

would like to fit a dawes on my sti but have no idea at all where and what to do, hope someone can help me out... post a few photos will be great

many thanks
kevin
Old 29 April 2005, 10:26 PM
Cornelius
Scooby Regular

The dawes device goes onto the small bore hose going to the waste gate (from the inlet manifold), cut the hose and place the device in the 2 ends.

I would recommend that you have a boost gauge so you know exactly how much boost is being produced.

Wind the dawes device out fully, so it's not creating any "Extra Boost" and slowly wind the device in to gently increase the boost pressure so you're producing just under the maximum safe boost pressure.
I've heard conflicting advice on max boost for STI's, ie between 1.1 - 1.4 bar, so double check.

If you produce too much boost, the fuel cut will step in, and it's one horrible sensation, and the engine won't like it one bit.
Old 29 April 2005, 10:32 PM
Red Suns
Scooby Regular

thanks
TBH i dont know which hose you are talking about, can you post some photos up?? there are 3 hose from the inlet manifold, which one???

Originally Posted by Cornelius
The dawes device goes onto the small bore hose going to the waste gate (from the inlet manifold), cut the hose and place the device in the 2 ends.

I would recommend that you have a boost gauge so you know exactly how much boost is being produced.

Wind the dawes device out fully, so it's not creating any "Extra Boost" and slowly wind the device in to gently increase the boost pressure so you're producing just under the maximum safe boost pressure.
I've heard conflicting advice on max boost for STI's, ie between 1.1 - 1.4 bar, so double check.

If you produce too much boost, the fuel cut will step in, and it's one horrible sensation, and the engine won't like it one bit.
Old 29 April 2005, 10:41 PM
Cornelius
Scooby Regular

it's the hose that goes to the wastegate on the turbo.

I'll take some pics in the morning for you