Stalling when Cold

Search this Thread

Old 23 April 2005, 05:58 PM
Granicus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stalling when Cold

Hi All,
I’m hoping someone with more knowledge can point me in the right direction with this problem. I noticed yesterday driving home what seemed like a little misfire when the car slowed down in traffic and a slight fluctuation in revs for a couple of seconds when I pulled outside the house last night. I’ve got to admit I didn’t think anything of it as the boost was ok (I’ve got an Apexi FC with commander by the way) and it was pulling as well as ever…and it was literally for a couple of seconds for each ‘blip’. This morning, although the car starts straight away the idle is all over the place. If I keep slight pressure on the throttle its fine, but as soon as I release the throttle, the idle goes lumpy and the car eventually stalls (I don’t hear the radiator fans coming out so don’t think it’s the coolant sensor that at fault). The idle problem seems to go away when the engine warms up, but if I blip the throttle, the slight miss is still evident occasionally, even when warm. The plugs were changed just last month for the HKS Iridium type, but not the leads so I’m thinking of changing these first? To be honest, what I know about Scooby engines can be tattooed on a gnat’s **** - I don’t have a clue what’s up with it to be honest. So before I cart it of to a garage, and look forward to a hefty repair bill no doubt, I thought I’d ask some of the gurus on here for some clues. Car is a STIv6 JDM by the way with an Apexi FC, Commander, K&N Panel filter and Knocklink. Thanks in advance All!

Simon
Old 23 April 2005, 07:01 PM
peakwarrior
Scooby Newbie

Default www

have you put any extras on because i had a magnex exhaust fitted to my uk(97) from turbo back and it did the same with mine allthough not quite as bad as yours sounds but if you have more mods than i did it will no doubt be worse you are supposed to have car set up every time you mod your engine
youre ecu is youre engines brain and i think it will retrain itself with small mods but not sure how much thats wot ive heard on the grape vine
where you from if near chesterfield get scoobyclinic up on ya pc an ring em monday they brilliant we scoobs www.scoobyclinic.com
Old 23 April 2005, 07:38 PM
Granicus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by peakwarrior
have you put any extras on because i had a magnex exhaust fitted to my uk(97) from turbo back and it did the same with mine allthough not quite as bad as yours sounds but if you have more mods than i did it will no doubt be worse you are supposed to have car set up every time you mod your engine
youre ecu is youre engines brain and i think it will retrain itself with small mods but not sure how much thats wot ive heard on the grape vine
where you from if near chesterfield get scoobyclinic up on ya pc an ring em monday they brilliant we scoobs www.scoobyclinic.com
Nope, no new mods since the Apexi. I'll give scoobyclinic a call and see what they say.