Notices

avcr set problem- come on guys i know you,ll know this

Search this Thread

Old 16 April 2005, 11:43 AM
rockabilly
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile avcr set problem- come on guys i know you,ll know this

posting for a friend, he,s installed an avcr to a 95 sti. can anyone give me a quick layout of where things go etc. fitted one to my skyline no probs. need to know what to disconnect and where to pipe map sensor. car runs standard set up ecu etc.he says its boosting slower than before and overboosts in 5th. not to clued up on scoobies but as with other forums everybody else usually is..
Old 16 April 2005, 02:07 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the manifold pressure can be read from any of the barbs on top of the inlet plenum.

the boost solenoid supplied in the kit will replace the OE one (situated on the O/S/F suspension turret), leave the OE solenoid wiring in place or you may get a check engine light.

the wiring is fairly easy and there is a PDF to download from the apexi site.

something in the back of my mind seems to recall that there is a choice of where to wire the purple lead, will have a look for you now
Old 16 April 2005, 02:26 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.apexi-usa.com/productdocu...savcr_wire.pdf

page 4, from what I remember the purple lead from the avc-r needs to be plumbed into the RPM line from the ecu NOT the injector line.

read the manual should be easier
Old 16 April 2005, 10:06 PM
rockabilly
Scooby Regular

cheers guys. nearly sorted it now. its an sti 95. boost set at 1.1.bar, duty at 60%. start duty is 1 & 2 gear +5% then 3rd gear -6% 4th gear -8% and 5th gear - 10%. problem is its still overboosting at the very top of the range. some kind of boost/ fuel cut kicks in. trouble is the car is an import and ran 1 bar prior to fitting the avcr. we just wanted to monitor boost more accurately. will be at combe next week and may try and talk to a few of you if you are going. in the mean time any help would be appreciated..bernie.
Old 16 April 2005, 10:18 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I have the exact same problem, it just keeps overshooting the boost target in 5th. and i have moved the start duty to -15%
Old 16 April 2005, 11:21 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Check all the setup and configuration first. Check it is reading the RPM, throttle position, boost, vehicle speed.

Set the start duties all to zero. Set your target boost. Then put in a low duty cycle - say 30% and drive the car in top gear. Set the display to monitor, 2 items, boost and solenoid. Look at the boost achieved. Work up until you have similar duty cycle to what the final value ends up as. Then shape it roughly by RPM to hold what you want (fuelling and detonation permitting). Floor it from low RPM and look for the RPM where the boost hits target. Put the duty cycle up higher below, it does interpolate though.

Once you've done all that you are ready to play with start duty - only after you've set the gear judge parameters for vehilce speed in each gear.
Old 17 April 2005, 09:51 AM
rockabilly
Scooby Regular

Cool

cheers john will give that a try. thanks all for the help,good forum.bernie.skyline owner,but also subaru lover too..