cars idle dropping and cutting out sometimes when stop

Search this Thread

Old 06 March 2005, 10:53 AM
mystery inc.
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question cars idle dropping and cutting out sometimes when stop

hi all.
just fitted fmic to my96 wrx.i tookit for a drive and the engine check light was on.found problem.it was a pipe off near the boost solenoid.car starts first time now no check light but,the engine revs when warm keep dropping right down then back up.once they settle and stay that way.once car is moveing it runs perfect.acording to the afr gauge my car isnt running lean on wot.what do you reckon could cause this? the ecu doesnt pick up any faults when i reset it.
is there anyone who in or near the midlands nuneaton who could try and shine some light onto the problem.

cheers paul g.
Old 06 March 2005, 01:41 PM
andypugh2000
Scooby Regular

Mine was doing exactly the same same thing, If I turned the lights, heated rear window off it wouldnt do it, think its more of a grounding problem than fuel, having an earth kit made for mine now
Old 06 March 2005, 02:25 PM
mystery inc.
Scooby Regular

mine is doing the same but without the lights or anything electrical on.strange.i unpluged the maf and the car cut out. does this mean the maf is ok.it wont be the piper cross i fitted efecting will it?the car ran perfect before i fitted fmic.i know it aint thr front mount afecting,but i just wondering if i can check any other thing i might have knocked off.if i knew somone with the same year vehicle i could try there maf and see it it cures it.
Old 06 March 2005, 05:46 PM
mystery inc.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mystery inc.
mine is doing the same but without the lights or anything electrical on.strange.i unpluged the maf and the car cut out. does this mean the maf is ok.it wont be the piper cross i fitted efecting will it?the car ran perfect before i fitted fmic.i know it aint thr front mount afecting,but i just wondering if i can check any other thing i might have knocked off.if i knew somone with the same year vehicle i could try there maf and see it it cures it.
sorted problem.i bought some 10k to clean out any carbon deposits,just incase they were diturbing any readings.when i sprayed it into the turbo i noticed it pissing out from the pipe that goes onto the turbo outlet.tightend it up and now it works perfect.no more problems.also cleaned up my earth contacts just incase.