Bonnet Pins!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04 February 2005, 10:38 PM
ScoobyWhite
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bonnet Pins!!!

HI

I would like to know how you do it/install it in your bonnet?? I never use the bonnet pins but now I am thinking in fit ones!! I do not know if this is right or bad but I buy a set of sparco pins, but I have afraid to install them and I do not know how can I do this!! I see that some of you have them, could you help me whit instructions or something like that (photos) to teach me how can I do this ???

Regards
Old 05 February 2005, 05:15 AM
buzzerboyroy
Scooby Regular

Talking

hiya,

right then,on the slam panel you should see 2 rubber bonnet bungs that can be adjusted either up or down by simply screwing them out/in
(located above the headlights)

you need to drill the inside of the adjustble bungs the same size of the pins (quite tricky to hold the bung)

take the nuts and washers off the pin,push the bonnet pin into the bung to the desired lengh,

screw on a nut,then washer,,,,,screw the bung/bonnet pin back into the slam pannel,,,add another washer and bolt.

when both sides are done get the pins in the bungs so they are roughly the right lengh and the hole in the bonnet pin is "side on"

put a small blob of tippex on the highest point of the pin,,,while its still wet,,lower the bonnet onto the pins and the tippex will mark where you have to drill the bonnet.
drill the bonnet,,,use a small file to get bang on ,,, fit the bonnet catch but use pop rivvets,,,not the srews as they rust,,,badly !!!.

hey presto youre done,,,any questions ,,,just ask,,,if you lived in the midlands and still cant do it,i would fit for you ,,,its dead easy though
regards,,

roy
Old 07 February 2005, 10:58 AM
ScoobyWhite
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks

I will trie!

Regards
Old 07 February 2005, 12:19 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

if you intend to remove the normal bonnet catch system and rely on the pins to hold the bonnet shut, you need to reinforce the slam panel where the bonnet pin bolts to it, otherwise at speed the pins will rip through the slam panel and your bonnet with smash your windscreen.

You will then either die in a firey ball or need new underwear.
Old 07 February 2005, 01:39 PM
Mark A
Scooby Regular

Nice, a broken windscreen and ****ty pants.