Notices

Knackered MAF

Search this Thread

Old 04 February 2005, 02:32 PM
Tak
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knackered MAF

MY97UK turning over but refusing to start, replaced crank sensor yesterday & car ran fine, albeit slightly lumpy. Drove to work, went to start it at lunch & wont fire up. Before I call the RAC, is it worth disconnecting the battery for a while to reset the ECU in the hope that it starts & the ECU learns its way round the failed MAF long enough to get me home?
Old 23 February 2005, 09:18 PM
peakwarrior
Scooby Newbie

Smile

hi

we are having the exact same trouble except my car has failed to start for the last 3 days it is firing and trying to start we have cleaned the cam and crank sensors but it still wont start we have tryed bumping the car but it just back fires and makes a popping sound when it is being turned over.could you tell me if you have found out if your ecu or maf was the cause of the problem for you.
thankyou
Old 23 February 2005, 09:34 PM
bandyandstrange
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by peakwarrior
hi

we are having the exact same trouble except my car has failed to start for the last 3 days it is firing and trying to start we have cleaned the cam and crank sensors but it still wont start we have tryed bumping the car but it just back fires and makes a popping sound when it is being turned over.could you tell me if you have found out if your ecu or maf was the cause of the problem for you.
thankyou
hi
a worthwhile thing to think about is it may be the coolant temp sensor gone out of spec telling the engine ecu the wrong temp of the coolant and giving a to leaner mixture, my old wrx had this same problem replaced the temp sender and all was fine, would be especially worse if not impossible to start in this cold weather.

Mark