Very rough ride!

Search this Thread

Old 02 February 2005, 10:52 PM
Ver.4
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very rough ride!

Hello everybody!

Ive had a STi Type R version 4 for a few months now and i must say i love the performance! But I went with one of my mates type R the other day which was standard and his was so much smoother than mine.

When i bought the type R the guy at the garage said that you might need to get the wheels aligned, my mate also agreed to this and i was just wondering if that was the problem? 1 of the front wheels was fairly badly scuffed when i got it so i was thinking its been in a little knock which may have upset the alignment, am i completely missing the point?

If that is the problem, does anyone recommend a place to get it done from in the west yorkshire area or nearby and how much. Thanks in advance
Old 03 February 2005, 01:38 AM
Engineer@Uni
Scooby Regular

I don't think allignment would contribute to ride harshness. I'd be tempted to think someone has "upgraded" your shocks/springs with items that are too stiff. Possibly polyurethane bushings and stiffer anti-lift bars and sway-bars. All these increase the stiffness and decrease the comfort! I'd get the geometry sorted out first ASAP as it will wear your tyres uneven ly if you're out of allignmtne right now, and then start looking at the suspension if it's still too compromising a ride.
Old 03 February 2005, 11:38 PM
Ver.4
Scooby Regular

Also, when driving on the motorway at about 60+mph my steering wheel is just vibrating and moving without the car turning, is this also to do with the geometry setup?
Old 03 February 2005, 11:59 PM
VAL113R
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ver.4
Also, when driving on the motorway at about 60+mph my steering wheel is just vibrating and moving without the car turning, is this also to do with the geometry setup?
thats your wheels needing balanced
Old 04 February 2005, 12:00 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Sounds like your front wheels may need balancing aswell. One of the weights may have fallen off if it has been knocked hard enough, suprising how much of a difference that can make on its own!