Old 23 January 2005, 10:02 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3ply samco inlet

i won one of these from ebay
its been deliverd while i have been away for the weekend

problems
2 of the "metal tubes" that go into the hose are slack, they look like they have been hot glued or sumthing in the past, the silicone is all there and correct tbut the metal pipes can twist around or even be removed, how do i go about sticking these in properlly, im asumeing there glued from the factory?

i have thought about clamping the samco over the metal tubes with jubblie clips as this would work, but i would prefere to glue if possible?

any tips on a suitible glue?

97wrx samco inlet for refrence
Old 23 January 2005, 10:18 PM
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The tubes in my mega expensive Samco inlet are very securely bonded into place, and certainly cannot be removed, or moved!
suggest a good de-grease with Meths, a good drying and some simple silicon to bond it all back together. Add some clips to add security?
Good luck, at least you saved a fortune!

Old 23 January 2005, 10:36 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

sum of my tubes are secure 2 others are not, i have actualy just pulled them out for a look, another looks like it might have been glued but its fully secure

on further inspection it actually looks like its silicone thats been used and not a hot glue gun

i think i will clip all of them for saftey before fitment

was only £160 tho so i cant complain to much but im still a bit "GRRRRRR" about it, bet the thing is a nitemare to fit without removing the inlet manifold as well
Old 23 January 2005, 11:27 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

It's certainly a challenge to fit without removing the inlet. It'd be alright if it wasnt't for those pipes poking out.

Actually, the worst bit I found was getting the spring clip on the dump-valve return pipe undone if sod's law is in action and the bits you need to grab are underneath the joint. That led to intercooler off, plus 15 minutes swearing with some suitable pliers in my case. The rest of it just requires lots of patient and plenty of brute force too
Old 24 January 2005, 06:57 AM
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cannot imagine the frustration of fitting (smash/bend/twist) an inlet without removing the inlet...Having just done it with the manifold off and upside down on the bench (more red paint everywhere) that was bad enough.
That pipe cause so many probs and it was not a good fit and it cost £200 + everything.
Must add the costruction was good, but.....
And now i have added an engine breathing system, those 'side ports' are not needed!

Impreza's!

Old 24 January 2005, 07:01 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

the side pipes on mine are easy enough to get off, i do belive i have had them off before for sum reason?

just not looking forward to shoving the pipe under the manifold
Old 24 January 2005, 07:09 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

actually, ive did a bit of searching and a few others on this forum have commented that there pipes wernt secured either, they belive this is so you can fit the pipe and then fit the metal tubes afterwards so you dont have to remove the inlet manifold

seams plausible when i consider that the 2 on mine that are not glued, are the 2 ******* ones near the turbo entry section!