Notices

Does n e 1 get more that 265 with PPP?

Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2005, 07:51 PM
Scoobedoo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does n e 1 get more that 265 with PPP?

Hello all,

Has anyone seen more than 265bhp from a PPP'd WRX03/04 etc?

I'm thinking of going for the system myself and re-fitting my ninja backbox on afterwards for some bonus gains.. if thats possible?

Cheers
Old 16 January 2005, 08:50 AM
JIM THEO
Scooby Regular

Yes, of course, I changed the Prodrive downpipe for a Scoobysport one along with a Prodrive up-pipe and although I replaced the backbox with the factory STI backbox I have more power and less noise, 246ps/337Nm at the wheels measured with DeltaDash, not bad ah?
Prodrive ECU is quite adaptive IMHO but we have overhere 100RON fuel that helps a lot.
JIM
Old 16 January 2005, 12:01 PM
Scoobedoo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JIM THEO
Yes, of course, I changed the Prodrive downpipe for a Scoobysport one along with a Prodrive up-pipe and although I replaced the backbox with the factory STI backbox I have more power and less noise, 246ps/337Nm at the wheels measured with DeltaDash, not bad ah?
Prodrive ECU is quite adaptive IMHO but we have overhere 100RON fuel that helps a lot.
JIM
thanks,
so now you have less bhp but more torque.... does that make it quicker?

Cheers
Old 16 January 2005, 12:46 PM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Delta Dash gives power at wheels, not fly.
Dash can't really be compared with rolling road output easily.
If you want something to judge it against, I get 212 ps and 302 Nm with heavy smoothing of the DD curves with a std 04 WRX PPP (but can get 246 ps and 334 Nm by switching to light smoothing!).
The car has been at Power Engineering and had between 259-265 bhp.

Nick
Old 16 January 2005, 04:22 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

Quite possible to fit your ninja backbox, but I'd be surprised if your "bonus gains" by doing so are noticeable. At the 265bhp level, the prodrive box flows well.

The ninja will give you more noise, if you want that, fine. But be aware you technically lose the warranty you kept by going PPP, might get away with it, depending on whether your dealer is "sympathetic" (changing the up/downpipe will make it less likely you'll get away with it).

No offense, but 259-265 at PE is not that impressive from a PPP IMHO. PE is renowned as one of the more "optimistic" rollers (although not as optimistic as one or two others). I've seen an 03WRX there, standard except a backbox giving 250bhp.
Old 16 January 2005, 05:43 PM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Originally Posted by hades
No offense, but 259-265 at PE is not that impressive from a PPP IMHO. PE is renowned as one of the more "optimistic" rollers (although not as optimistic as one or two others). I've seen an 03WRX there, standard except a backbox giving 250bhp.
Perhaps you'd better tell Prodrive and Ecutek to stop wasting time testing their set ups at PE then??

Where do you suggest I have to carry out a RR for "real" figures then in your experience and how optimistic do think PE are in relation to the "best" operators?
I've been to PE a number of times and wished I'd picked on this problem they have - yet when I went to other RRs, they also have resulted in very similar @ wheel and @ fly outputs.

Getting back to the question - IMHO opinion I'd not bother with the Ninja unless you want the noise. The Prodrive box is a very nice sound.

Nick
Old 16 January 2005, 08:05 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

No rolling road can be that accurate..!

They can only really tell you if one car or mod is more or less powerful than another. This has to be done at same time (or as close to as possible..!), certainly the same day..!

Put simply, they are a diagostic tool only giving an indication of output.

Someone once said to me 'You might as well be measuring cabbages instead of BHP/Torque..!"

Jason

Trending Topics

Old 17 January 2005, 07:30 AM
JIM THEO
Scooby Regular

Nick my figures are all with "heavy smoothing" - as always - and aren't optimistic if you believe this, although I have seen lower values in the past with higher ambients (about 235ps, 324Nm)!
We have 100RON fuel from BR and Shell that helps a lot in the final result and my car runs full decat with Prodrive up pipe, Scoobysport downpipe, Prodrive rear pipe (where third catalyst is), Scoobysport middle section and STI back box.
I agree that Prodrive is if not the best one of the best backboxes all around if you want good results with low noise, for my taste I prefer the factory STI, I am getting old!
IMHO is better to compare DD results in "heavy smoothing", this road dyno is similar all over the world
JIM