Notices

wrx 04 ,res pipe and 2nd cat , or up pipes?

Search this Thread

Old 20 October 2004, 09:07 PM
virgin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wrx 04 ,res pipe and 2nd cat , or up pipes?

as above really, i realise both is the best option, but you could only do one,and didnt want to mod the car further then which one done by its own with a remapp would bring the best torq ?
Old 21 October 2004, 09:32 PM
virgin
Scooby Regular

anyone got an idea ? i am figure its the 2nd cat and res pipe
Old 21 October 2004, 11:46 PM
Granby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by virgin
as above really, i realise both is the best option, but you could only do one,and didnt want to mod the car further then which one done by its own with a remapp would bring the best torq ?
Don't know if this is any help but on my 2004 WRX Wagon i've got a decat up-pipe, decat downpipe & ninja backbox, kept the res pipe & the last cat, not to loud and once i had a remap it goes like stink.
I think if your gonna change just one thing for the best results it should be a decat downpipe.

Granby
Old 22 October 2004, 05:40 PM
virgin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Granby
Don't know if this is any help but on my 2004 WRX Wagon i've got a decat up-pipe, decat downpipe & ninja backbox, kept the res pipe & the last cat, not to loud and once i had a remap it goes like stink.
I think if your gonna change just one thing for the best results it should be a decat downpipe.

Granby
thanks granby, do you know what torq and bhp it went up to from 225 ? with your mods ?
Old 22 October 2004, 11:26 PM
Granby
Scooby Regular

thanks granby, do you know what torq and bhp it went up to from 225 ? with your mods ?
I will find out next Saturday when it goes on a rolling road, fingers crossed
Old 23 October 2004, 10:37 AM
virgin
Scooby Regular

I will find out next Saturday when it goes on a rolling road, fingers crossed
i would guess at 275? there doesnt seem to be to many people modding o4wrx at the moment,everyone going ppp for the warrenty.

can i ask where you got the up pipe and down pipe fitted ?,,, or the cost ? etc
i am uessing you had it mapped on the road,if your taking it to the ramp for a dyno?

please let me know how you get on, i may be following in your footsteps !
Old 23 October 2004, 12:58 PM
Granby
Scooby Regular

i would guess at 275? there doesnt seem to be to many people modding o4wrx at the moment,everyone going ppp for the warrenty.

can i ask where you got the up pipe and down pipe fitted ?,,, or the cost ? etc
i am uessing you had it mapped on the road,if your taking it to the ramp for a dyno?

please let me know how you get on, i may be following in your footsteps !
I think i would be very lucky to get 275 (maybe if i had a full decat exhaust it would) but we will see anyway, i was goin to have PPP but I'm probably goin to do some more mods so it would not be worth it, i got my uppipe & downpipe from Xtreme Scoobies, they done a group buy on the downpipe so i thought i would have the uppipe done as well and the cost i can't remember exactly but i think the uppipe was about £120 & the downpipe was £150 all plus vat & fitting, the remap was also another group buy and it was done by Bob Rawle and yes it was done on the road, when i get the results i'll post them up here (unless they are sh*t) .
Old 23 October 2004, 01:56 PM
virgin
Scooby Regular

I think i would be very lucky to get 275 (maybe if i had a full decat exhaust it would) but we will see anyway, i was goin to have PPP but I'm probably goin to do some more mods so it would not be worth it, i got my uppipe & downpipe from Xtreme Scoobies, they done a group buy on the downpipe so i thought i would have the uppipe done as well and the cost i can't remember exactly but i think the uppipe was about £120 & the downpipe was £150 all plus vat & fitting, the remap was also another group buy and it was done by Bob Rawle and yes it was done on the road, when i get the results i'll post them up here (unless they are sh*t) .
mind you,if the ppp takes it to 265, surely 275 with your mods would be acheivable ?

do you know what the following means ? "replace the 2nd cat and resonator exhaust pipes" and re mapp

with the money i have the following was suggested to me by Tsl
Old 23 October 2004, 02:09 PM
Granby
Scooby Regular

mind you,if the ppp takes it to 265, surely 275 with your mods would be acheivable ?

do you know what the following means ? "replace the 2nd cat and resonator exhaust pipes" and re mapp

with the money i have the following was suggested to me by Tsl
Well you have 1 cat in the uppipe, 1 cat in the downpipe & the 3rd cat just before the resonator box then the backbox, not sure excatly which cat they mean but i think it's the one in the downpipe, why not give them a call to check. I have a diagram i can send you which shows where all the cats & bits are on the intake & exhaust side of things, just send me your e-mail and i'll mail it back to you.

Last edited by Granby; 23 October 2004 at 02:13 PM.
Old 23 October 2004, 02:22 PM
virgin
Scooby Regular

Well you have 1 cat in the uppipe, 1 cat in the downpipe & the 3rd cat just before the resonator box then the backbox, not sure excatly which cat they mean but i think it's the one in the downpipe, why not give them a call to check. I have a diagram i can send you which shows where all the cats & bits are on the intake & exhaust side of things, just send me your e-mail and i'll mail it back to you.
thanks granby , its alex.matthews3@ntlworld.com

TSL said they would do the work for 900 all in incl vat and fitting etc as i am poor at the the moment, and in the past have spent a fair bit with them.
the wife has laid the law down on the dosh i have to spend ! bear in mind the car is only a month old as well

so i emailed them with my problem, i.e what can i get for 900 all in ,

at present i have a group n rear box and green filter

do think i would get the same power gains as ppp ?
Old 23 October 2004, 02:34 PM
Granby
Scooby Regular

thanks granby , its alex.matthews3@ntlworld.com

TSL said they would do the work for 900 all in incl vat and fitting etc as i am poor at the the moment, and in the past have spent a fair bit with them.
the wife has laid the law down on the dosh i have to spend ! bear in mind the car is only a month old as well

so i emailed them with my problem, i.e what can i get for 900 all in ,

at present i have a group n rear box and green filter

do think i would get the same power gains as ppp ?
Diagram sent, i would think you should get near to that figure.
Old 23 October 2004, 03:19 PM
virgin
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=Granby]Diagram sent, i would think you should get near to that figure.[/QUOTE

Thanks again
Old 30 October 2004, 04:53 PM
Granby
Scooby Regular

Granby
Just got back from having the car on the rolling road today and here are the results

269 bhp

300 lbs/ft torque

so you could say I'm well happy with the results especially the torque, just got to decide what to do next
Old 30 October 2004, 06:08 PM
WRX_Rich
Scooby Regular

300 lbs /ft , good results, theres allot on here who have spent allot of money on their car have not got torque like that

be warned some have said 300lbs is the max amount to push through your gearbox before it starts to eat it self
Old 30 October 2004, 06:23 PM
Granby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRX_Rich
300 lbs /ft , good results, theres allot on here who have spent allot of money on their car have not got torque like that

be warned some have said 300lbs is the max amount to push through your gearbox before it starts to eat it self
Thanks, I'm in 2 minds now what to do, I've heard it's about 320lbs?, i want to do some more mods but not loose any of that torque , will have to have a long hard think about that (i can feel the headache coming on already)
Old 01 November 2004, 09:22 PM
virgin
Scooby Regular

Thanks, I'm in 2 minds now what to do, I've heard it's about 320lbs?, i want to do some more mods but not loose any of that torque , will have to have a long hard think about that (i can feel the headache coming on already)
excellent result !!

what are you thinking of next ? or ideas etc ?

By the way ,changed my mind again ! have just ordered a PPP , should be hear in 2weeks.
Old 01 November 2004, 09:29 PM
Granby
Scooby Regular

excellent result !!

what are you thinking of next ? or ideas etc ?

By the way ,changed my mind again ! have just ordered a PPP , should be hear in 2weeks.
There were a couple of PPP'ed WRX's on the rolling road saturday and they both got about 255bhp, this seems about the normal for PPP (although they say 265bhp) as i've seen a few others that have got about that figure. As for ideas i'm thinking about turbo & injectors but i'm not sure yet.