Search this Thread

Old 26 August 2004, 06:08 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Knocklink... any advantage on an N/A engine

Hi Team,
Just curious really as I see there is always a lot on Knocklink discussions going on on here and also a group buy at the moment too.

How exactly are they fitted and would there be any benefit on my MY52 N/A Sport ?
I work about 6 miles from home so in honesty I do a lot of what I would refer to as cold engine driving.... I have had the car just on 2 years and hopefully will change it next summer so this mod is one that I would want to remove and fit to my next car.
I have seen plenty of in car knocklink fitted pics but not any to show where and how they are fitted on the engine, any one have any handy ?

I know without the Turbo I don't suffer the boosting on a cold engine or any of the other Turbo related happenings but I'm still quite curious to see if this is a worthwhile mod to have a look at....

Thanks
Simon

Last edited by Silver Scooby Sport; 26 August 2004 at 06:09 PM. Reason: my spelling lol !!
Old 26 August 2004, 06:35 PM
easyrider
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldnt bother with it on a NA,as its charge temps/pressures/fueling that normally cause it-youve got to be pretty unlucky for a NA scoob to det itself to bits.
Having said that,i used to have an Astra SRi that would clearly knock/pink and it lasted for years like it until some ****** nicked it and burnt it out!
Old 26 August 2004, 06:53 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for that Easyrider.... Yes I see now, that makes things a little clearer.