Notices

sticking speedo

Search this Thread

Old 06 August 2004, 10:36 AM
yungjamie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sticking speedo

Recently bought MY95 wrx from auction. Guy on site was doing the sva preparations so I thought 'good idea for him to sort the sva out for me' Picked the car up, but could'nt drive it beacause of oil leak from cover gasket going on to the exhaust. Towed back home (over 100 miles.) When I had cured the leak, took it out but the speedo goes up to 40mph and stays there no matter what speed I'm doing after that. It comes back to zero o.k. This garage fitted a mechanical convertor (whatever that is) I don't want to take it back to this garage as they are'cowboys' and also the distance involved. The speedo is locked on 69,999 miles and wont move past there. I would appreciate any advice as I'm a thick plumber.

Cheers

Jamie.
Old 06 August 2004, 11:41 AM
mo,s scoobymonster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi mate what it probably is a that when he put the mph converter on hes mashed up the speedo cable. so your best bet is to try and find a second hand speedo cable and take the cable out of the metal pipe that itcomes in and just put the cable in. this should work as this hapened to my old 95 wrx. if this doesn't do you know if he actually took off the needles or if he changed the milege mate, if he did then this might mean you have to buy a new speedo mate. but first try the cable should work. hope that helps