Notices

Fitting an MBC to 94uk tonight!!! Confuzzled!!

Search this Thread

Old 26 July 2004, 01:58 PM
Gonza
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fitting an MBC to 94uk tonight!!! Confuzzled!!

Hi,

Have searched alot on how to fit one of these, however, most seem to give explanations for a 99 or 2000. Basically I have a 94 uk, which does not have a "T" piece connection, but instead has two pipes running independantly to the boost solenoid (one going in top, and the other going underneath to the wastegate).

My question is, on this set up, do I have to block off both? and by doing so will the fuel cut be disabled? (as i still want it for safety reasons)

Any pics would be a great help on one of the "earlier" scoobs.

Many thanks

Last edited by Gonza; 26 July 2004 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Confuzzled
Old 26 July 2004, 02:37 PM
Delboy2
Scooby Regular

Wink

To connect an MBC you need to trace the pipe from the turbo nipple to the solenoid and trace pipe from turbo actuator to solenoid, disconnect the pipes at the solenoid and place MBC in between but using the shortest lengths of pipes possible.
So you should end up with a pipe running from turbo nipple to MBC to turbo actuator. You will need to leave the oem Boost solenoid electrically connected or the ECU will throw a CEL warning - the other way is to connect a resistor of equivalent value to solenoid coil across the plug terminals, then you can remove solenoid.(If you leave solenoid in the car, connect a piece of pipe between the 2 ports now not used to prevent debris entering solenoid for future use)

will the fuel cut be disabled
The fuel cut will not be disabled, the standard boost target is 11.47psig and the boost/fuel cut is 14.57psig so you will not be able to raise the boost by much as in higher gears you will likely hit the boost/fuel cut
It would also be a good idea to install a Knocklink if you are planning to raise boost so you can detect Detonation

You would probably be better off installing a Scoobyecu which has a higher boost target(~1.1bar) plus higher cut(~1.2bar) but will still use the oem boost solenoid and has better suited ignition/fuel maps - Just a suggestion and a safer option

Cheers
Old 26 July 2004, 07:12 PM
Gonza
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that, Its all in now and I managed to find the fuel cut too!!

Now running just about 0.9, feels ok, However I wouldn't say a great deal quicker than what it already was, but holds nice rught up to red. Knock showing no signs either!! Which i'm not suprised as its only 0.15 of a bar higher I suppose

I will eventually try to get a scoobecu, but i've been trying for a while now with no luck.... So here's to a tad more boost!!!

Cheers
Old 26 July 2004, 07:44 PM
Delboy2
Scooby Regular

I will eventually try to get a scoobecu, but i've been trying for a while now with no luck.... So here's to a tad more boost!!!
The Suppliers of the Scoobyecu are currently very busy in preparation for TOTBIII but should be available once this has passed - well worth the wait though

Cheers