Notices

Adjusting windscreen wiper position

Search this Thread

Old 26 July 2004, 12:16 PM
scoobyster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjusting windscreen wiper position

The offside wiper on my MY95 wagon seems to be out of position. When it's 'home' it is a little bit too far up the screen so it whistles when above 50mph and will drive me insane fairly soon! At the top of the stroke it mercifully stops whistling, but makes contact with the pillar around half of the time when travelling at motorway speeds.

Presumably it needs adjusting somehow to move the 'home' position lower down so if the wipe is the same distance it wont hit the pillar. Anyone have any idea how I do that? I've had a quick look but am not much the wiser.

TIA

Ben
Old 26 July 2004, 01:48 PM
DeanF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyster
The offside wiper on my MY95 wagon seems to be out of position. When it's 'home' it is a little bit too far up the screen so it whistles when above 50mph and will drive me insane fairly soon! At the top of the stroke it mercifully stops whistling, but makes contact with the pillar around half of the time when travelling at motorway speeds.

Presumably it needs adjusting somehow to move the 'home' position lower down so if the wipe is the same distance it wont hit the pillar. Anyone have any idea how I do that? I've had a quick look but am not much the wiser.

TIA

Ben
Flip the plastic cap open at the base of the wiper arm, There is a 12mm or 13mm nut, undo this take the wiper arm off (may need a little persuasion) & replace @ a different angle, Tighten nut.

Dean
Old 26 July 2004, 10:46 PM
scoobyster
Scooby Regular

Cheers Dean, that was much easier than expected! It's a 14mm nut by the way, but you were close enough .
Thanks,
Ben