Notices

STI III question...

Search this Thread

Old 25 June 2004, 05:56 PM
FederalAuditor
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STI III question...

Hello all... Greetings from the Great White North (Canada).

Got an easy one for you guys:

How much boost I can run reliably, on a STI VerIII motor?

Jason.
Old 25 June 2004, 06:16 PM
coulty
Scooby Regular

Smile

calling 911!!! He is the man to tell you although i think it about 1.3 bar or so.

Stuart
Old 25 June 2004, 06:48 PM
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

911 calling...........Jason.
Which part of your great country do you call from? Been the the west ans east coasts and Canada is REALLY nice.

anyway, back to the tech stuff.

I currently run my Stiv3 (facelift) at 1.31 bar, and hold it there using a Blitz Boost controller which is driver selectable.
Coupled with a full decat system and on straight Opimax, it has rolling roaded @ 314bhp and 286 lbft of torque. Drives really well, though the head gaskets have failed.
Been running at this level for 6000 miles and 2 1/2 years of serious hill climbing which has finally got to the engine.
Think i will run boost after APIDavid had done the engine.

Hope that helps you Jason.

For a very short while the engine ran a huge 1.6bar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!as fuel cut came in, hence the boost controller. Been great ever since.

Old 25 June 2004, 07:44 PM
FederalAuditor
Scooby Newbie

Sadly, I live in Toronto... I'm not sure you'd call the city "nice" considering the fact that it is basically a concrete jungle, but I still like it. =) But I must admit, I'm completely in love with the west coast... there may be a tad too much rain, but the scenery surely makes up for the poor weather.

Alrighty.... back to the Tech stuff:

The information you've provided has been very helpful so far. Especially since I'll be running a Blitz DSBC as well.

2 quick questions for you:

1.31 bar was run on a complete stock motor? How about the fuel system?
Old 25 June 2004, 08:34 PM
Scooby Regular

Yes, stock as a stone!
My Sti is a Jap car, runs yellow injectors (440cc) and these are at max duty cycle.
Fuel pump is again stock Sti. I do run a Green Cotton panel filter in the stock inlet.
ECU is Sti etc etc.

I hope to give the engine a good tweek this christmas as I compete in the car in England hill climbing, and the competition run EVO's at 480 bhp, Nissan GTi's at 380 bhp and that kind of stuff.

The engine will get a few changes, all external to give about 350/370 bhp.
Attention will then go to the trans.....

Never been to Toronto, but the West Coast was our favotite; we drove 4000 miles in 3 weeks, and the space, freedom and the people attitude were just out of this world. Fab country.

Old 28 June 2004, 03:37 PM
FederalAuditor
Scooby Newbie

I'm glad to hear that the V3 motor can handle this much abuse, as it is my intent to torture it into submission. I can only hope my rear diff will hold up as well as the motor does.

Would you by chance have any links with information pertaining to the Version3? The only link I could find was http://www.demeis.com/motorsport/hardware/wrxstory.html.

The east side of Canada isn't as pretty as the west, but if you like city/night life... T.Dot is the place to be. Torontonian attitudes leave a bit to be desired, which is probably why the rest of the country hates us so much. =P
Old 28 June 2004, 05:57 PM
Scooby Regular

Jason, a really good place to lookinto the v3 is the following: www.sidc.co.uk there are links to all the specs you might need, but outside of that, there is very little info.
Read all these threads, and (slowly in my case) you will find out a lot from the likes of Andy F, John Banks, Dave Wallis, and Greasemonkey + several others. That's how 'research' the facts.
All city types are view as 'strange' by their country folk, I'm a city lad, so I know!
Nearly did toronto, but the Sars problem stopped it, and my wife said NO!
Went to Boston instead. Great city.
Nice to hear from you,

Trending Topics

Old 28 June 2004, 06:00 PM
Scooby Regular

Sorry, missed a bit!
I thrash my Sti in competition with 5000 rpm and dump the clutch, 8000rpm and slam on the brakes and all that kind of stuff. This has been over 2 1/2 years, so not too bad. The diffs are the least of my worries, its the box that may be next.....