WRX03 Prodrive geo-me-tree

Search this Thread

Old 21 June 2004, 11:09 PM
fastfrank
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WRX03 Prodrive geo-me-tree

Hi,
  • My tyres are up for renewal due to fubar'd outside edges (passenger side) and I'm pretty sure its down to the geometry being out. I've not tw4ted any kerbs from new so dunno why its this bad . I do enjoy right handers though
  • One of my friends has suggested that the Prodrive settings can improve the handling and even tyre wear.
  • Are there any WRX03 owners on here that are using the Prodrive geometry settings and do you recommend them? My car is completely stock.
  • My orgininal intention was to get the local dealer to do a tracking check but I'm afraid they might say its setup fine and still bill me the exorbitant price for the privilege.
Comments greatly appreciated!

Frank
Old 22 June 2004, 07:43 AM
Jasoon
Scooby Regular

You'll find the Prodrive geometry settings wear the tyres even quicker.......

I find the Prodrive geometry settings / springs give the car a much better turn in and also seems to loose some of the wallow feel to the car....
Old 23 June 2004, 05:13 PM
fastfrank
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jasoon
You'll find the Prodrive geometry settings wear the tyres even quicker.......

I find the Prodrive geometry settings / springs give the car a much better turn in and also seems to loose some of the wallow feel to the car....
Thanks for the reply. Maybe I should skip the Prodrive settings then

I gave Demon Tweeks a call today in Wrexham (North Wales). They charge reasonable rates for 4 wheel lazer alignment. Anyone got any experience of them???

Cheers
Frank
Old 23 June 2004, 05:21 PM
Jasoon
Scooby Regular

To add to what I said ,my dealer told me it would nock approximately 1000 miles of the life of the tyres

Think the TSL settings are somewhere between the Prodrive and standard
Old 23 June 2004, 10:12 PM
fastfrank
Scooby Regular

1000 miles doesn't sound too excessive. Suppose it depends which tyre compound you use as well.

I'm still trying to decided which tyres to go for next. Don't wanna pick one that are worse than the OEM Bridgestones or I'll be gutted
Old 24 June 2004, 11:15 AM
Jolley
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fastfrank
1000 miles doesn't sound too excessive. Suppose it depends which tyre compound you use as well.

I'm still trying to decided which tyres to go for next. Don't wanna pick one that are worse than the OEM Bridgestones or I'll be gutted
How many miles did you get out of the Bridgestones? Mine lasted about 10,000 miles. Have since fitted Prodrive springs, Micheling Pilot Sports, and had Geom set up by TSL .... tyres still going strong after 7,000 miles (by this point on the originals I had barely any inside or outside edge left on the tyre).
Old 24 June 2004, 05:51 PM
fastfrank
Scooby Regular

I'm currently on 14k with these Bridgestones and the outside edges of the passenger side are fubar'd. I've had them checked and the garage says I got a months worth of driving left before I'm illegal . They also said the tracking was ok (without checking) and that all scoobs chew 'em up this way.