Idle Switch?

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2004, 09:18 AM
B4 Alan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idle Switch?

I'm looking for some help

I have a Legacy B4 (engine same as Impreza I'm told) and the idle revs are getting stuck at 1800rpm. If I do an ECU reset it will fix it for a few weeks but then will start to happen again. I have a Techtom MDM fitted and have noticed that when this happens the 'Idle Switch' is staying off (Normally will go on when clutch is pressed or neutral selected).
Can anyone tell me where the Idle Switch is located and how easy is it to replace or if there is something else I should do?

Thanks.
Alan.
Old 27 May 2004, 11:00 AM
scoobyster
Scooby Regular

I have a similar problem with my non turbo MY95 Impreza. See this thread for a description of where the Idle Air Control Valve is located on a turbo.

What do you mean by idle switch? Does this Techtom gadget of yours display when the engine thinks it ought to be idling or something?

Mine seems to be gradually healing itself, it only sticks at around 1100rpm now whereas previously it had been 2100rpm on occasion. I think I'll try another ECU reset to and hope it cures it permanently.

Hope you get yours sorted.

Ben
Old 27 May 2004, 03:24 PM
B4 Alan
Scooby Regular

Cheers - Yea the Techtom is a diagnostic display and shows all the readings for the engine.

Alan.

Originally Posted by scoobyster
I have a similar problem with my non turbo MY95 Impreza. See this thread for a description of where the Idle Air Control Valve is located on a turbo.

What do you mean by idle switch? Does this Techtom gadget of yours display when the engine thinks it ought to be idling or something?

Mine seems to be gradually healing itself, it only sticks at around 1100rpm now whereas previously it had been 2100rpm on occasion. I think I'll try another ECU reset to and hope it cures it permanently.

Hope you get yours sorted.

Ben
Old 28 May 2004, 02:46 AM
AJbaseBloke
Scooby Regular

That pesky valve can get dirty, and I know my dealer has cleaned mine out at least once when my idle went a bit skew-iff (sp? ).
Old 28 May 2004, 09:22 AM
Foot_Tapper
Scooby Regular

This happened to my wrx last year, had to replace the idle control valve eventually, as it kept re-occuring. (idle revs stuck at 1800)
Old 28 May 2004, 03:54 PM
B4 Alan
Scooby Regular

Do you know where the valve is located in the B4? Doesn't seem to be in the same place as a pic of a WRX I seen?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by AJbaseBloke
That pesky valve can get dirty, and I know my dealer has cleaned mine out at least once when my idle went a bit skew-iff (sp? ).