Notices

Overboost and Fuel Cut issues..

Search this Thread

Old 12 May 2004, 09:23 AM
sideforce
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overboost and Fuel Cut issues..

Desperately in need of some help on diagnosing a problem causing my Legacy 94 Single Turbo to hit fuel cut. The car is supposed to be standard, apart from 3" turbo back exhaust and GGR induction kit. There are no other external signs that the car has any other mods to raise boost. It is using the factory boost control solenoid to control boost.

I have a GrpN chip from VOS in Australia, a MBC, Boost gauge and AFR meter to go in. The chip should see 270 possible with the mods, acording to the designer. This will lift max boost to around 16psi, it will also lift the fuel cut to around 18.5%.

I suspect that the problem may be compounded with the chip. The chip will raise the boost cut to 18.5psi, but this will combine with a raising of the boost level, which will probably cause high boost, (overboost) and probably the fuel cut...

I was planning on capping the boost with a GBE Evo MBC, but i would like to track down the real cause of the problem so i know. What should i be looking for? and where?

From what i have read it seems unlikely that a exhaust and induction kit would be enough to allow the boost to reach fuel cut levels?