scooby wrx 01 virgin...

Search this Thread

Old 03 May 2004, 10:52 PM
simon57
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking scooby wrx 01 virgin...

Hi there.
Hoping someone can help. going to pick up my first scooby next week.01 WRX.
The car was registerd at barrets of canterbury.they have put there stage 1 kit it.
I have phoned them to ask for more info,but they seem to, emm not to have bothered giving me any more info.

Consiting of de-cating the front,painting seals, headlamp convertion,and possible re maping.bringing it to 242bhp,so im told......

I bought it from a mitsubishi garage in Ware. blue, gold 17 inch wheels, FSSH,32000Miles,No marks. fell in love at first sight.

being on a now tight as a ducks **** budget,id like to change the back box(standard fitted).

replace the air filter.

fit dump vale

spark plugs.

replace the wing to a sti type.

living in essex, Extreme scoobys is my first choice for any work.

WHAT PRODUCTS SHOULD I LOOK FOR, WITHOUT SELLING MY GRAN TO GAIN A BIT MORE WOMMPAAA WOMPAA.????

Last edited by simon57; 03 May 2004 at 11:03 PM.
Old 04 May 2004, 12:49 PM
WRX_Rich
Scooby Regular

Extreme scoobys will sort you out... never used them but read lots of good report (think they use haywood and scott and Ecu Tek which are top products)

watch the dump valve... if you are like me it will sound great for a week, then end up in the for sale section

a ecu tek remap and decat will give you around 270 + BHP, but watch out for warrenty issues
Old 04 May 2004, 01:17 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome M8

They might have changed the air filter, if not try a STi paper one (Scoobymania) or a K&N one (anywhere). ITG may cause MAF problems but maybe a myth. Think about removing the CAT in the u-pipe. VERY rarely it can melt and be ingested into the turbo at high temps with tuned engines

Dump valve...listen to a tape recording of one then spend the money on something else

Spark plugs..the heat rating of the OEM ones should be OK for the TD04 turbo / boost you are running

Rear wing.... Best buys in the "for sale" section. STi wing from a dealer is £895 but lots of good copies, looking at the "styling section" sould help.

Better oil ?? I guess it'll be castrol Magnatec at the moment,

Knocklink to check for det......

The list is endless

Midlife.....
Old 04 May 2004, 02:19 PM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

If you're after a bit more "wompaa wompaa" and are on a tight budget, forget fitting an aftermarket dumpvalve. The standard one produces actually works better than any of the aftermarket products you're likely to be considering. As Midlife says, a KnockLink would be a much better way to spend a similar amount of money.