Notices

Changing Import Clocks for UK Ones

Search this Thread

Old 17 April 2004, 09:50 AM
Nick98
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Changing Import Clocks for UK Ones

Help - has anyone got any experience of putting a set of UK spec clocks in my 2001 bugeye WRX Import (Jap spec)? At present the speedo reads kmh and the digital 'odometer' is obviously also in kms. However if I simply swap them for a UK spec set will it begin reading in mph and miles - or do I still need a kmh to mph convertor in the system? i.e. is the conversion from gearbox output to speedo reading done in the box iteslf ot is it in the electronics inside the speedo head? Obvioulsy I don't want to waste money on a set of UK clocks if it won't work !!
Old 17 April 2004, 09:57 AM
Turbo Dave
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nick98
Help - has anyone got any experience of putting a set of UK spec clocks in my 2001 bugeye WRX Import (Jap spec)? At present the speedo reads kmh and the digital 'odometer' is obviously also in kms. However if I simply swap them for a UK spec set will it begin reading in mph and miles - or do I still need a kmh to mph convertor in the system? i.e. is the conversion from gearbox output to speedo reading done in the box iteslf ot is it in the electronics inside the speedo head? Obvioulsy I don't want to waste money on a set of UK clocks if it won't work !!
Your best bet is to get a converter as its cheaper and just sits on the top of the gearbox/ end of the wire.
Give south eastern transmissions a call on 01303 272009
Old 18 April 2004, 09:00 PM
Nick98
Scooby Regular

Thanks - I will do that if I have to but really wanted to have the speedo marked in MPH like a UK one. Also I still don't know if adding the convertor changes the digital odometer from counting in kms to miles?

Anyone else done this?
Old 18 April 2004, 09:56 PM
Turbo Dave
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nick98
Thanks - I will do that if I have to but really wanted to have the speedo marked in MPH like a UK one. Also I still don't know if adding the convertor changes the digital odometer from counting in kms to miles?

Anyone else done this?
Yes it changes everything thats needed and you also get a mph sticker to put on it