Notices

Defi Link monitor multi read out display.

Search this Thread

Old 07 April 2004, 09:12 AM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Defi Link monitor multi read out display.

Anyone got one, are they any good etc? where did you fit it and what does it display

cheers
Old 07 April 2004, 04:52 PM
Jimmy Dell
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I've got the VSD Concept HUD in my car. Didn't fancy a huge bank of gauges in the cockpit so this fits the bill quite nicely.

Haven't got round to sorting out the additional sensors and the speed and tacho signals are proving a problem on my car, but the startup and shutdown sequence looks cool.
Old 07 April 2004, 09:49 PM
Dyney
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or do you mean this: http://www.defi-shop.com/product/dp/dp_top.html

Think NathenL has one.

Jimmy,
What years the car?
Later (MY97 onwards) cars have tacho and speed connectors on the back of the instrument panel. Marked "TA" and "SP"
Old 07 April 2004, 10:50 PM
Nathan L
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Dyney
Think NathenL has one.
You remember correctly Then again my cars so slow I need something to look at or I get bored

+Doc+

You can just see where mine is mounted on the pic below, far right of the dash.

I find it excellent and where it is easy to read. Mine is set to display EGT and Fuel Pressure. Ideal for a JDM car. It will also display speed, water temps and peak displays for all the Defi gauges I have attached. When you stop the car at a junction or traffic lights it scrolls through all of your peak values too. Defi Link Display II is now available which is even better.

Nathan..
Old 08 April 2004, 10:31 AM
Jimmy Dell
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by Dyney
Jimmy,
What years the car?
Later (MY97 onwards) cars have tacho and speed connectors on the back of the instrument panel. Marked "TA" and "SP"
Dyney,

It's a MY94 WRX with automatic transmission. Initially I was going to take the signal from the appropriate ECU wires, but because it's an auto I don't have a wire for the vehicle speed sensor that the manual cars have. I have got a tacho wire, but that doesn't seem to provide a signal.

Second plan was to take try and get signals from the back of the instrument panel, but although I can stuff the vehicle speed wire into hole for the speedo cable the reading is always wildly inaccurate and never bears any relation to the actual speed I'm travelling at. Next stop I guess would be the gearbox to try and get it to work properly.

Lucky I only really wanted it for the other functions and not the revs and road speed!