Notices

Urgent Knocklink help please

Search this Thread

Old 03 February 2004, 06:13 PM
oz555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Urgent Knocklink help please

I know there's loads of instructions on here, but I think the search is down and I have the car in bit's and need this sorted asap.

Car is MY 94 WRX.

Right then. Started fitting Knocklink today. Threaded the black and brown wires through the bulkhead in to the engine bay. Connected the other black(earth) to the steel bracket behind the stereo. Connected the red wire to the live on the cigarette lighter(green/red) Plugged in Knocklink to check power supply and got one green light. I assume I have done it right so far.

The bit I am stuck on is the Bosch sensor. First of all I have to connect the brown and black wires to the plug that fits in to the sensor, but I don't know which way round they go.The plug itself is black with an orange concertinered
water jacket. On the face where the wires enter, it has 2 jpt 1 written. Is this a reference to where the brown and black wires go?

The second question is the best location for the sensor. I have removed the intercooler and can see a hole facing upwards, directly below where the intercooler sits. I can't see any threads but they may be deep down. Is this Where the sensor goes?

Hope somebody can help.
Old 03 February 2004, 06:36 PM
halowrx
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hi,

I fitted one recently to a MY95 - if you do manage a search you should find loads of posts about this and some picture guides.

In summary I did the same as you did, but the wires at the sensor dont need to be any particular way round. Simply wire them up and test them by gently tapping the sensor with a metal object - little taps will or should light the unit up.

When it comes to mounting it - I took the intercooler off and after an hr of frustration found that I could get it very close to a central position by using a hole that was under a pipe.

Course I cant explain what the rubber pipe was attached to - could of been idle control thingie or anything..but you get the idea

You want it close to the block so it pics up det

Hope this helps

Last edited by halowrx; 03 February 2004 at 06:37 PM.
Old 03 February 2004, 07:24 PM
oz555
Scooby Regular

Yep. That re-enforces something else I just read. Cheers
Old 03 February 2004, 09:22 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

It doesn't matter which way around the sensor wires go. Best place (can only speak for MY99/00) is on top of the manifold.

I have some pics from my install on my website

Stefan
Old 03 February 2004, 09:31 PM
oz555
Scooby Regular

Cheers Ozzy. Read your site earlyer mate. Very handy. Cheers