Notices

Blitz DTT-X turbo timer fitment

Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2004, 11:17 AM
scoobyguy22
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got one of these to fit to my MY98 got the wiring harness for it to make life easy.

on my harness were it plugs to the timers wire i have a white cable that has a bullet connector on it any ideas what this is for??

other than that do i just plug the harness in and connect the handbrake switch wire. and then the earths and boost pipe.

will I be able to use my alarm with this as i have heard that it wont let me alarm my car while the timer is running?

the instuctions with these are pants.

any info or if anyone has fitted one of these some help would be greatfully recieved

jo
Old 15 January 2004, 11:30 AM
scoobyguy22
Scooby Regular

anyone help me oot.... pweeezzz
Old 15 January 2004, 12:22 PM
scoobyguy22
Scooby Regular

http://www.jameslking.com/awd/tt_boost.html

found this does anyone know if cutting these two wires works the same way on a uk car to solve the alarm problem?

jo
Old 15 January 2004, 12:56 PM
willgill
Scooby Regular

I'd say probably not to be on the safe side, his car isnt a 98 for a start. I have to wait for my turbo timer to time out before arming my alarm but I know some alarms like the clifford range allow you to "prime" the alarm and walk off.

not quite sure what the white lead is for I would have said it was for the handbrake but you mentioned you have a seperate lead for that.

Sorry I can't really help :/
Old 15 January 2004, 01:53 PM
scoobyguy22
Scooby Regular

but shorly that totally defeats the object of having a turbo timmer! I was wanting to just get out lock and alarm my car and go inside my flat. not wait around for it to stop i could have just left the keys in it like i do at the moment.

there must be a way to get round the alarm system someone must know how its done on a MY98.
Old 15 January 2004, 02:23 PM
scoobyguy22
Scooby Regular

just found this

HKS Turbo Timer but the same for blitz etcfor the GC8 model
Super special thanks go out to wcbjr for writing this up. You rule!

Ok here's my writeup of what I did for mouting the turbo timer where the ashtray goes, withOUT a wiring harness. It's cheaper and still very easy. We would still have to take apart everything listed below, and more, to use the harness.

You will need three more of the vampire taps like the ones included with the turbo timer. You will also need about 10-15 feet of extra wire and a ring terminal to connect the ground.

1. Take off larger passenger side door sill, there are four fasteners along bottom and two round ones up top
2. Pull back the carpet and remove floormat to get access to ECU.
3. Undo three bolts and one nut to remove ECU cover.
4. Take off plastic cover.

5. Open armrest and take out the two screws at the bottom of the cupholder.
6. Pry off the little covers and take out the two screws at the top of the armrest.
7. Snap out the plastic trim around the e-brake, it just pops out. You don't have to disconnect it, just set aside.
8. Unscrew shift **** and pop out plastic shifter trim.
9. Pop out plastic trim around radio, you may have to pull a bit on this for it to come out, and unplug the three plugs. They are power to cigarette lighter(little bitty plug), ground for cigarette lighter, and power/ground for the ashtray light.
10. Take out four screws holding in the radio and pull it out.

11. Remove the ashtray from the radio trim piece. Place the included double-sided tape on the bottom of the turbo timer and stick it down where the ashtray goes. I tried to stick it up top, but there's not enough room for the tape to stick well.
12. Take out the screw at the back of the ashtray slot to allow room for the turbo timer wires to extend out the back. Pull the wires thourgh and put the screw back in.

13. Run the long gray wire from the turbo timer down front of the dash and along the middle of the car to behind the e-brake.
14. Lift up the middle console and remove the little bitty plug that connects to the back of the e-brake.
15. Use a vampire tap to connect the e-brake wire to the long gray wire from the turbo timer.
16. Reconnect the e-brake wire.

17. Run the long brown and blue wires from the turbo timer back behind the dash to where the ECU is located.
18. Cut off the harness on the turbo timer about one inch from the harness to give us access to the three wires.
19. Connect a length of wire to the green wire from the turbo timer and run it along with the brown and blue wires.

20. Print out the pinouts from here, http://www.ravensblade-impreza.com/...ing/wiring.html. The following three steps are for a 2001, yours may vary accordingly.
21. Tap the ignition switch wire (pin 7 on B135, the middle orange ECU harness) with the green wire from the turbo timer.
22. Tap the vehicle speed signal wire (pin 24 on B135, the middle orange ECU haress) with the blue wire from the turbo timer.
23. Tap the engine speed output wire (pin 30 on B134, the big blue ECU harness) with the brown wire from the turbo timer.

24. There should now be only three wires unconnected from the turbo timer; 12V ground (black), 12V accessory (blue), and 12V power (red).
25. Connect some wire to the black 12V ground wire from the turbo timer and run it down to the e-brake.
26. Take off the two bolts holding the sensor right in front of the e-brake.
27. Scratch off the paint from the car around the hole closest to the dash.
28. Connect the ring terminal to the wire and bolt the sensor back down.

29. Connect some wire to the blue 12V accessory wire coming from the turbo timer, a foot or two will do.
30. Tap the little bitty power plug that goes to the cigarette lighter, this is an accessory signal.

31. Connect some wire to the red 12V power wire coming from the turbo timer, a foot or two will do.
32. Tap the power wire to the radio, this is a good 12V power source.

33. Last but not least, we need to be able to arm the car while the turbo timer counting down.
34. Look up under the dash on the driver's side and locate the keyless entry/alarm module, it's pretty far under there behind the fuse block. There is a wiring pin-out sticker on it, look for pin 6, it should say ignition. That's what we are looking for.
35. Peel back some tape and cut the ignition wire about three inches from the harness. The wire is green with a black stripe, I THINK. Tape up both ends.

36. TEST EVERYTHING and fix whatever is wrong.
37. Tidy up the wires and put everything back together.
38. Don't reconnect the ashtray light, it's rather annoying with no ashtray.

That's it.